“Cheap and looked it.”

Ranked #18 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Davisburg, MI
“Cheap and looked it.”
Reviewed 12 September 2010

This hotel is located a little ways outside the city - 15 minutes to the heart of where the restaurants and bars are. Yes it is very cheap but it fell to the level of tired mobile home. The first room we were put in had a strong mildew smell despite being on the second floor. No elevator to get the bags up to the floor either. the door striker plate on the door jam was missing. a good jerk might have opened the door. The furnishing are about the level of plywood box for a closet. We asked for a different room. same furnishings but the smell was gone. we took it. The rooms were quiet. as i walked down he first floor hall near the office area my 145 lb body was moving floor - rotten? - it was weird. The rear door to get into the hotel was unlocked despite having the electronic card slot that should have only let hotel guests get in that way. Noticed the door from the second floor to the stairwell also had a striker plate that almost falling out. The plumbing worked. sheets were clean - bed was fine.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Goettingen, Germany
Reviewed 30 July 2010

We stayed here for the second time and if you are looking for a central place for a decent price this is it. The staff was very friendly and when our AC did not work 100 & they gave us another room. Also the breakfest is included and wifi worked without any problems. It is right on Atlanta Highway and Target is just across the street.
We will come back.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank volkerschmidt1
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 20 July 2010

Since I called the GM about this issue and have not gotten a call back.. I travel with a large group going to diffrent dog sport events. Before my check out I was told that others in our group were given a special rate 39.00 a night, to make sure I got that rate. Well at check out I was told by a very nice desk clerk that since I made my resv. online to could not change my rate of 69.00 a night!! So i paid 140.00 for 2 nights and others paid 80.00 for 2 nights. I was not the only one that was charged the HIGH fee either! Need less to say when its time to go to Athens again in a few months our group will be staying somewhere else! Its a shame that a group of 15 rooms plus can not get all the same rates. We travel almost monthly and always pay the same weather we resv online or on phone.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Woodbridge, Virginia
Reviewed 27 June 2010

My family and I had a comfortable stay here. The people are super nice and very accomodating. We checked-in late in the night since we were passing thru and the front-desk clerk went over&beyond at that hour; we were thoroughly happy with the service. The rooms are clean and it's conveniently located right off of ATL highway. The prices are reasonable for great value. Happy travelling!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 13 June 2010

The manager is only interested in himself. He is rude, bitter, and unwilling to give you a nice response to any questions you ask. He is rude to his employees, and right in front of the customers. I was not the only customer in the lobby, and he belittled the employees in front of us all. I am and was very unsatisfied. However, the late night employee Matthew was very nice, and willing to help answer or meet all of our needs and questions.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

krazietangerine
Reviewed 24 November 2009

I had no issues with the service, my room was ready when I arrived so I didn't have to wait for employees to make the room they had given me. The manager was bit nosy. For the price I paid, the service an amenities was the right amount. Don't be one of those who want to pay nothing for greatness. Service, location, amenities, and room experience are all worth the price I paid.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled solo
NW Georgia, USA
Reviewed 20 November 2009

It's hard to find pet-friendly lodging in Athens, so we stay here. That's the only reason. The building is old and run-down. The service is crabby. Breakfast is awful and served in the cramped laundry area. The rooms themselves are fine, and pet owners are housed on the ground floor for easy access to outdoors. There's a charge for pets, though--about 20-25 dollars. If we didn't bring our dog on trips, we'd stay somewhere else.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family