“Still Itching”

Ranked #22 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Hinesville,Ga
“Still Itching”
Reviewed 24 April 2009

I am orginally from Athens and I am so embrassed that I allowed my friend to book this place. First she saw a roach crawling on her stuff...no big deal.. we killled it and tried to enjoy our trip. The next day she found a tick on her bed... OMG. This whole time I was fine. I get home and start itching like crazy....come to find out I got eaten up by bed bugs. A lady at my job that worked at a hotel for five years confirmed my bites. We left Athens Sunday...here it is Friday and I am still itching. This place really needs to be inspected by the health department or some body. On top of that...there were all kinds of interesting characters hanging out around the hotel. I am from Athens and I would not recommend this hotel to my worst enemy. PLEASE DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY.....GOING WITH THE CHEAPEST IS NOT A GOOD IDEAL IN THIS CASE. I WOULDN'T STAY HERE AGAIN IF IT WAS FREE!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
3 Thank browneez

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Athens, GA
Reviewed 2 September 2008

This was the only hotel not booked up for game day in Athens that would also allow pets. Otherwise, I would never, never have stayed here. The place smelled strongly of mildew, the refrigerator wasn't working, the microwave had been burnt up, the mattress coils could be counted, the bedclothes had holes and stains, the TV went to static after five or ten minutes, the room was generally dirty, and -- most horrifying of all -- it had roaches! On the plus side, when the air conditioner died, the manager did pop in a new one right away. But, come on, roaches. No one should have to endure this place, especially at game day prices!

• Liked — Dead A/C was replaced.
  • Disliked — The roaches!
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled solo
2 Thank garulf

Travellers are raving about these Athens hotels

NC
Reviewed 12 September 2007

This is the worst place ever. We bought a tarp to go over the bed because of the disgusting smell. The bed was 3 mattresses piled one on top of the other. There had been a leak in the ceiling in the bathroom previously and during the night we heard water dripping from the ceiling above the toilet when the upstairs toilet was flushed. The smell was awful. We bought some Oust and bathroom cleaner and flip flops to walk around in. The door had plywood on the bottom and a large gap as well as a large gap around the air conditioner. Athens was completely booked due to the UGA/SC game so we had no choice but to stay. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!

• Liked — Nothing, disgusting place
  • Disliked — Everything was awful, smell, cleanliness, just terrible place, needs to be torn down
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dawglvr
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 5 September 2006

This hotel was only $40 a night so we weren't expecting much but have stayed in ok hotels in Atlanta and Augusta for that much. This place was scary though, and not because it was in a bad part of town, just the rooms and the clientele looked awful. The room we got had a broken front window that was taped together and none of the lights worked. The chairs were stained with god knows what and the bathroom floor tiles were broken. The lamp shades were stained and it just smelled awful and looked like it was out of a horror movie. We asked to see another room, and it wasn't quite as bad but we pulled back the sheets and found what looked like blood stains so we got our money back and left. In the parking lot we found $10 that we used to get a better hotel room down the street.

• Liked — The front desk gave our money back
  • Disliked — The room was disgusting
  • Tips/Secrets — Don't stay here
  • Stayed August 2006, travelled as a couple
3 Thank LydiaGenevieve
Also consider these accommodations in or near Athens
Howard Johnson Inn Athens
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Athens
No photo provided
SpringHill Suites Athens
Quality Inn & Suites Athens
Days Inn Athens
Days Inn Athens
#17 of 23 in Athens

Been to Budget Host Athens? Share your experiences!