“Unforgettable!”

Ranked #21 of 51 things to do in Athens
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I ca recommend with one word Go and see!
UGA has transformed this community and this is one place a must visit in your itinerary when in Athens GA.

1  Thank Regina K

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I may be a bit biased, since I went to UGA . . . but it's been years since I attended a show there, and I was so impressed with the quality of the venue and, in particular, my seats.

We first attended the pre-concert lecture in what I think was called the Ramsey Lecture Hall. We sat along the side in chairs that felt so private -- and they had a great view of the concert grand piano on the stage.

Our concert tickets were for the chorus box behind the stage, and we were seated just over the piano -- a perfect seat for a piano teacher and her student! The acoustics are incredible, and even looking at the backs of peoples heads was a pleasure --- the sound alone was worth it.

This is an excellent place to visit. We also took a quick tour of the nearby art museum, which is so spacious, professional and full of interesting pieces. I particularly liked the African American painter.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Now that we retired, well at least half of us, we plan to visit and attend more events. We have enjoyed Broadway and much more at the Center. It makes Athens a great place to live and work,..., and retire!

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Lovely, huge building with three performance halls and and a huge cultural center that hosts internationally renowned and top quality performances nearly every week. Definitely go check it out if you have the opportunity, there is always something going on.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

If you have a chance, go to the UGA Performing Arts Center. Very high quality performances and outstanding acoustics in this center.