“Fuzzy was comforting like an old teddy bear”
Review of Fuzzy's Taco Shop

Fuzzy's Taco Shop
Ranked #218 of 415 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American, Mexican
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

#tellingyouwhatithink

sooooo I keep hearing about this place called #fuzzys in Athens Ga and finally made it my business to check it out today. It's fairly simple and a whole lot of self-serving. Order food in one spot, listen for your receipt no., pick up your goods at separate window. Order alcoholic beverages at the bar - a separate ticket. Food was just ok... pricing was fairly inexpensive $ (ex. $2.39 for soft bean and cheese taco). Frozen strawberry mango flavored margarita delicious! Bartender Jeffrey on point- made a custom peach Bellini just for lil ol me. Outdoor seating was fabulous #dpursuitisreal

I'd revisit but probably just for drinks on patio.

There are newer reviews for Fuzzy's Taco Shop

Reviewed 16 April 2014

We just happened upon Fuzzy's in downtown Athens after the Regional Gymnastics Championships. It is near the Washington Street Parking Deck, we were hungry, and the place was hoppin'. The way the restaurant is set up is a little different and kind of confusing, but local student-patrons were friendly and eager to help. I'll give you a walk-through. When you walk into Fuzzy's, get in line at the register - they'll take your order. If you order chips and salsa or queso, you take your "chips/salsa ticket" to the window and they will hand them over. You then find a seat and wait until your number is called to get your food when it is ready - kind of like Panera. The guy at the register gave me these instructions, but the place was so loud, I couldn't understand them. The bar is at the other end of the restaurant, serving beer, wine, and mixed frozen and rocks drinks in huge glasses. I had something called a "strawberry mango". It tasted great and was just what the doctor ordered. To eat, we had the chips and salsa. The chips were great, with an interesting smoky salt sprinkled over them. The salsa was fresh and amazing! It was my favorite part of the meal. I ordered 2 fish tacos with a side of yellow rice and re-fried beans. I got shrimp tacos by mistake, but they were very good, as were the sides. It was a huge plate of food for $7. My dining companions got a burrito and a gigantic quesadilla. They both enjoyed their food as well. The staff and bartenders were great - happy and friendly even though the place was really busy. I enjoyed it and would go back again.

Reviewed 7 January 2014

The food was okay, but the service took extremely long to get things out. Granted, we went on Holiday Break so they probably were not staffed for a larger group, but it took 20 minutes for a Grilled Shrimp Salad to make its way out.

The queso did not have much taste and some of the other people in my party had cold food. Unless other places are closed, I probably wouldn't come back here again.

Reviewed 15 June 2013

This place makes my mouth water, everything is fresh not kidding everything, great quality and always inexpensive. We will forever come back because of the Staff, they are very accommodating

Reviewed 8 April 2013

I don't usually review fast food chains because they are all pretty much the same, right? Well, I just wanted to say that I was pleasantly surprised by Fuzzy's. Even though the restaurant just has counter service, several people stopped by to check in on us. Also, the place was spotless and the hot sauce was killer spicy! Nice job Fuzzy's!