“Good place for a beer” 4 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Boiling Springs, North Carolina
“Good place for a beer”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2013

Not the best burger on the planet but certainly delicious. Very nice staff. 28 beers on tap. Sports on the televisions. A fairly typical college bar.

Visited July 2013

Tallahassee, FL
“Delicious food, friendly service, yummy beer!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here on a Sunday afternoon for lunch and to have a beer. The server we had was excellent! Prompt, friendly, and accommodating. My boyfriend and I both said to surprise us with draft beers, as neither of us is picky. I was given a very tasty IPA and the boyfriend got a golden ale. We ordered our food, and I highly recommend the Buffalo Burger! Delicious. Everything was just lovely. The only reason I give the atmosphere a '4' is because without rugs or carpeting, the bar is super loud, especially since a large and obnoxious group of students came in. No big though. The bar itself if neat, with a strip of ceramic that is icy to keep your beer cold when you put it down! Very neat place.

• Visited June 2013
Leicester, United Kingdom
“Great staff, fair food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 May 2013 via mobile

OK - so this is more like a bar that serves food, rather than a restaurant. Staff were excellent - real attentive, friendly, polite... I would hire them! Good sized menu, and food was kinda as expected... pleasant, but not really top of the range. But then the price wasn't top of the range either - fair price for fair food. Would I go again - YES. This is a place for eating out with friends.

• Visited May 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Memphis, Tennessee
“Game Day Headquarters”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2013

My friend and I stopped in here for lunch, before the Ole Miss/Georgia football game. We definitely made the right decision. The food and service were great. There was a great adult beverage selection and great drink specials. It had a great Game Day vibe. The Volstead has the coolest bar mechanism, I have ever seen, to keep your beer cold, while you drink it. I won't spoil the surprise. You'll have to check it out for yourself. This is definitely the place to pre-game. I am happy to say, I can recommend the Volstead to my friends a tripadvisor.

• Visited November 2012
Waxhaw
“Excellent Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2013

This downtown restaurant is an excellent place to eat dinner and watch a couple of ball games. I was alone on business so I ate at the bar. The bar tenders were friendly and very attentive. I ate the fish and chips and was able to swap the french fires for the onion rings. The batter they use for their onion rings and fish is delicious and not greasy. It also helped keep the food hot, moist and very flavorful. The portion size was generous.

• Visited February 2013