“Food was TERRIBLE AND the wait was unnecessarily LONG”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of The Volstead - CLOSED

Cuisines: Bar, Pub, American
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Waitstaff
Atlanta
“Food was TERRIBLE AND the wait was unnecessarily LONG”
Reviewed 6 March 2014

I visited this establishment on 2/17/2014 for dinner. We ordered 3 burgers and an appetizer (Fried Okra). It took over 30 minutes to get the appetizer which was cold and sitting in a pool of grease when it finally reached our table. It took over an hour to get our hamburgers, which were way overcooked and burnt to crisp. We promptly sent the appetizer and two of the burgers back. We didn't bother reordering since we had been there long enough already. The waitress was friendly enough but inattentive to our needs Her only only explanation was that the cook was overwhelmed and the chef was not in the kitchen. Really?? There were only two tables occupied in the whole place. I would have at least expected her to comp the one burger that we did receive. I would suggest that the manager/owner give their entire staff customer service and food preparation training, but maybe a place like this is only concerned with pouring drinks. I was sorely disappointed. Avoid this place at all cost.

• Visited February 2014

Athens, Georgia
“Don't Bother for food”
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I've only been on Trivia nights but the food is definitely over priced for the quality. I've been several times thinking it might get better but it hasn't. The drinks are usually disappointing as well. There are far better places to eat in Athens for the price.

• Visited August 2013
Dallas, Texas
“Quick stop!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

Qucik glass of vino here while waiting for a meeting. Local college hangout with young clientele and young, free spirit bartenders and wait staff. My only regret......that I hadn't visited as a younger, twenty-something student. Lots of philosophical bar talk available here!

Visited August 2013
Boiling Springs, North Carolina
“Good place for a beer”
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Not the best burger on the planet but certainly delicious. Very nice staff. 28 beers on tap. Sports on the televisions. A fairly typical college bar.

Visited July 2013
Tallahassee, FL
“Delicious food, friendly service, yummy beer!”
Reviewed 1 July 2013 via mobile

Stopped in here on a Sunday afternoon for lunch and to have a beer. The server we had was excellent! Prompt, friendly, and accommodating. My boyfriend and I both said to surprise us with draft beers, as neither of us is picky. I was given a very tasty IPA and the boyfriend got a golden ale. We ordered our food, and I highly recommend the Buffalo Burger! Delicious. Everything was just lovely. The only reason I give the atmosphere a '4' is because without rugs or carpeting, the bar is super loud, especially since a large and obnoxious group of students came in. No big though. The bar itself if neat, with a strip of ceramic that is icy to keep your beer cold when you put it down! Very neat place.

• Visited June 2013