“Great food, great atmosphere”
Review of Dirty Birds - CLOSED

Dirty Birds
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

I've now been here three times. The food is great and there's a very good beer selection. They have a sauce for the wings called "dirty ranch," which is essentially hot sauce mixed with ranch dressing. I highly recommend it. The atmosphere is typical for a sports bar, and is very clean. Worth the trip if you're in the area.

DirtyBirdsAthens, Owner at Dirty Birds, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Glad you continue to enjoy your experience here, and thank you for your repeat business, we really do appreciate it! We enjoy being able to offer 24 beers on tap here at Dirty Birds Athens, and we are actually in the process of greatly expanding our bottled beer selection in preparation for the fall season, so feel free to ask about whats new in beer at The Bird on your next visit!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

Great place to catch a game, eat wings and burgers, and enjoy a good selection of both draft and bottled beer. Wide range of wing sauces and burgers are great (especially the fried cheese). Service was better than expected (at a college town place).

1  Thank Chip H

Thanks for the great feedback! We work hard here at Dirty Birds to exceed expectations when it comes to food, beer, and service, so we are glad you had a good experience here! We are actually in the process of increasing the variety of bottle and draught selections here in preparations for the Fall season, so feel free to stop in soon and try a few of the new brews we are excited to be offering!

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I must admit I was a little worried about the mixed reviews about This place. I am so glad I decided to try it out for myself. The blue cheese burger and onion rings were really good. My husband decided to try the wings since they are half off on Tuesday nights. He said they were cooked well but he wished he would have tried a different sauce. He had one that really didn't stick to the wings. Our waitress was really attentive and we always had everything we needed. We will definitely go back.

Thanks for the great feedback, and thanks for giving us a try for yourself. As you may have seen in our review history, we had a rough start to our operations in Athens due to poor management and training, but we have worked hard to improve those areas of our operation and are very happy with the team we have assembled here at Dirty Birds Athens. As you mentioned, we have a number of great specials throughout the week for our Customers. If your husband would like to try a few different flavors on your next visit, I recommend coming on Monday's for Half-Priced Wings or Tuesday's for All-You-Can-Eat Wing Night. If you are in the mood for a bit of an earlier meal, we also offer our wings at a discount during Happy Hour Monday-Friday! Hope to see you back soon!

Reviewed 17 June 2014

The service here was very friendly. So what that the waitress put in my husbands order wrong and messed mine up. She was apologetic. I ordered the fish tacos and asked for no mayo. Guess what, it came with mayo. She sat my order down and proceeded to tell my husband that his was going to be a bit longer because she put the wrong order in (he ordered the Baja Salad) Now in a normal situation, I would probably never return, but our waitress was very sincere that if I was in the area again, I would give it another try.

As the owner/operator of Dirty Birds Athens I am very sorry to hear about the mistake made with your order. While I cannot be sure who your server was, by the date of your visit it is likely your server was one of our new staff additions for the summer after the departure of most of our staff at the end of the school year, but that is no excuse. We really do strive to train our employees in such a manner that minimizes mistakes such as the ones made with your visit and ensure the highest level of customer satisfaction. Hopefully you will give us another try soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Cool atmosphere, great tap selection of local and regional craft beers. Nice lunch menu, food was good. Great selection of suaces for the very good chicken wings. Would def go back here.

DirtyBirdsAthens, Owner at Dirty Birds, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thanks for the review, so glad you enjoyed it! With 24 beers on tap we like to rotate in a fair number of seasonal, local, and micro-brew selections to supplement the industry favorites. We also have a discounted beer of the month every month to allow you to try some new flavors without having to pay what you might at other restaurants. If you liked your wing flavors, be sure to check us out on Mondays when they are all 50% off, or if your appetite can handle it, Tuesday's are All You Can Eat from 5-10! Most people don't know that we also discount our wings every day Monday-Friday from 3-6 for Happy Hour...also a great time to stop in and try something new!