“Must visit!”

Price range: US$0 - US$35
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: James Beard Award-winning neighborhood restaurant in Five Points. Serving dinner and Sunday brunch in a beautifully restored historic house. Five & Ten is the flagship restaurant of Chef Hugh Acheson. Since opening in 2000 it has received national acclaim for its ability to present a new turn on southern fare.
Athens, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Must visit!”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Outstanding food. Great presentation, original - and a real treat to be served by a very well-trained staff.

1 Thank angelameltzer

Athens, Georgia
“favorite place in Athens”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This is my favorite of the "nicer" restaurants in Athens. I like the new location too. All the components on the dish worked together well in terms of flavor and contrast of textures.

1 Thank Jennifer T
Johns Creek, Georgia
“Don't leave Athens without trying this restaurant!”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Honestly, one of the best meals we've ever had.
My husband and I were told to try Five and Ten while visiting Athens and we were not steered wrong! The food was incredible (grouper and duck) and the service was impeccable (friendly, knowledgeable). The atmosphere was elegant, but relaxed.
Our oldest son was just accepted at UGA for next year. I know we will be visiting Five and Ten many more times!

• Visited February 2014
1 Thank Michele B
North Carolina
“A Wonderful Evening”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Friends in Athens invited me for dinner at Five and Ten. It was a cool evening but the restaurant was inviting and warm in temperature and atmosphere. The restaurant is in an older home near the UGA campus but it is set up with different rooms that give the feeling of being cared for. The service staff were able to describe the dinner choices and wines extremely well, and they did not oversell the dishes but left us with good selections. I especially enjoyed the grilled octopus appetizer; being a fan of great calimari, I had not had octopus prepared this way but it was exceptional, definitely worth the trip. I was looking for a lighter dinner choice and the Carolina Trout was perfect. This was a large portion of lightly grilled fish with a super mix of veggies and broth. One of my friends had a challenge with her diet and needed to be especially careful of anything with gluten. The chef was extremely careful in preparing her dishes and he came out during our meal to see if everything was to our liking and asked for any suggestions. Frankly, we could only offer thanks and appreciation; don't change anything we said. Great meal.

1 Thank orth1
Georgia
“Interesting menu; wonderful ambience”
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Five and Ten is in a beautiful old house with high ceilings which make for good acoustics. The food is what I would call Nouvelle Southern, with portions more modest than gargantuan.

The prices are among the highest in Athens, but not compared to similar quality restaurants in other parts of the country. Service is impeccable. Good wine list.

Visited March 2014