“Must be Picking Back Up.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of East West Bistro - CLOSED

East West Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Bar, Fusion, Wine Bar, American, International, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Delivery, Digital Payments, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wine and Beer
Dublin, Georgia
“Must be Picking Back Up.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2014

We ate here 2 nights ago( without reading tripadvisor reviews, shame on me) and were very pleased. The place was packed and we were told to expect 40 min. wait but were seated in around 20 mins. Our waiter was great and the food was very good. Only later did I see several bad reviews, hopefully problems have been fixed. We would recommend this place and I'm sure we will try it agin when in Athens.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank RSB4

Athens, Georgia
“Used to be great”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 December 2013

East West was great last two times I went about 6 months and a year ago, but this week was the last time I'll ever go. The person I was with said he heard that a new owner had run off their great chef and all of the kitchen staff plus most of the wait staff which was evident as I think our waitress was not dressed appropriately nor did she really know how to do the job. We waited 25 minutes for drinks and food was cold even though it'd been 45 minutes since we ordered. You could tell the food was not well cooked and we didn't even eat the appetizer. I hate to see such a good place go downhill so fast but what can you do.

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Jackie H
athens
“Gone downhill fast”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 December 2013

Renee sold this restaraunt in October and new owner is clueless. Waitstaff is horrible. Ate here Christmas Eve and was informed as we sat down someone had our table in fourty five minutes. Ordered appetizers that never came. Got bill and server put 20 percent tip in automatically- party of three adults and two kids. Manager said is was the waiter's discretion despite nothing stating such on the menu! The food is subpar and the service sucks! This place is a sinking ship!!!! Go to the last resort, depalmas the national or five and ten but skip east west bistro! Worst Christmas Eve dinner ever!!!

• Visited December 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank bigdogAthens
Athens, Georgia
“Closed at 8 pm?”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

Last Saturday night a group of friends and I were in town for the holidays and wanted to go out to eat. We went to East West at 8:15 and they had already closed the kitchen for the evening! On a Saturday night? I guess I shouldn't be surprised because when I looked around there was only one other table in the whole restaurant. I then asked if I could buy a gift certificate for Christmas for my parents who live in Athens. I was told they don't sell them anymore. What?? I heard from friends there is a new owner. If this is the way they do business it is unfortunate. I was so put off by the experience...or lack thereof, I won't be back. Sad to see an iconic Athens restaurant seem to fall apart.

1 Thank Marie1171
Storrs, Connecticut
“A bit of a mystery”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 November 2013

I really wanted to like this place a lot, and there was nothing wrong with our meal, so I'm not sure what exactly felt off about it for me. The place itself is nice; I like the decor. I thought the food had really great aspirations - we got the sweet potato chips and fried chevre as appetizers, and I had the bistro vegetable ramen - and I think they slightly missed the mark. It was good, I just wasn't wowed, so perhaps I placed too-lofty expectations on the meal.

• Visited November 2013