“College Town Restaurant with Flavors”
Review of East West Bistro - CLOSED

East West Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 8 February 2014

In the heart of Broad Street is the East West Bistro. This restaurant offers many selections of Tapas, salads, burgers and entrees.

I had shrimp and pasta that was mixed with different spices and vegetables. The dish uses fettuccine noodles and topped with parmesan cheese. It was very good and is filling.

My wife's and daughter's salmon was delicious, though the portions were small. It was prepared perfectly. It comes with mash potatoes and a few green beans.

I think it is a restaurant that college students take their parents are visiting.

3  Thank travelforfun2009

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

A friendly service, sometimes a little unexperienced, but full of good intentions.
A nice wine list; yet, not all listed was available (even the wines served by the glass).
Carefully prepared dishes, but slightly over-seasoned and not all well balanced. Good try with potential, but the chef needs to further refine his dishes.

Reviewed 2 February 2014

We ate here 2 nights ago( without reading tripadvisor reviews, shame on me) and were very pleased. The place was packed and we were told to expect 40 min. wait but were seated in around 20 mins. Our waiter was great and the food was very good. Only later did I see several bad reviews, hopefully problems have been fixed. We would recommend this place and I'm sure we will try it agin when in Athens.

3  Thank RSB4
Reviewed 30 December 2013

East West was great last two times I went about 6 months and a year ago, but this week was the last time I'll ever go. The person I was with said he heard that a new owner had run off their great chef and all of the kitchen staff plus most of the wait staff which was evident as I think our waitress was not dressed appropriately nor did she really know how to do the job. We waited 25 minutes for drinks and food was cold even though it'd been 45 minutes since we ordered. You could tell the food was not well cooked and we didn't even eat the appetizer. I hate to see such a good place go downhill so fast but what can you do.

2  Thank Jackie H
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Renee sold this restaraunt in October and new owner is clueless. Waitstaff is horrible. Ate here Christmas Eve and was informed as we sat down someone had our table in fourty five minutes. Ordered appetizers that never came. Got bill and server put 20 percent tip in automatically- party of three adults and two kids. Manager said is was the waiter's discretion despite nothing stating such on the menu! The food is subpar and the service sucks! This place is a sinking ship!!!! Go to the last resort, depalmas the national or five and ten but skip east west bistro! Worst Christmas Eve dinner ever!!!

3  Thank bigdogAthens