“Hilton Garden Inn Athens, GA”

Hilton Garden Inn Athens Downtown
Ranked #2 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Was heading to Athens for an event and booked this room on points. Decent, clean, standard room. Pretty expensive for points - recently stayed at Hilton in Midtown Manhattan for less - Athens is nice, but not that nice.

Staff were friendly but not really. When we checked in I asked to switch my normal preference for points accrual to breakfast for my wife and I. We then had a 10 minutes argument with the desk person about whether you get points...on a points stay. My understanding is that a points-stay is ineligible.

Not sure if that interaction pissed the guy off, but he then told me that i could pick up my 2 "free" bottles of water from the vending fridge behind the desk.

I dont need to be pampered and am certainly able to open a fridge door and get 2 bottles of water. However, i travel every week for business and as a Hilton Diamond member, there is usually a bit more of a welcome when i check in.

This was pretty much my only interaction with the hotel staff, so not a huge amount of data to base my opinion on. Hopefully this was not indicative of the rest of the staff.

Perhaps they are more used to casual travelers visiting UGA??

For a clean, safe bed in downtown Athens, visit was fine. No frills beyond that.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 5 August 2014

This hotel is definitely one of my favorites. The hotel is clean and has a lux feeling to it. The service is always top notch. The rooms are big and spacious and always clean. And the beds are very comfortable. It is right in the middle of downtown Athens, so everything is in walking distance. This is the only hotel I stay at every time I stay in Athens.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Hotel is in a great location downtown near UGA and within walking distance to many restaurants and shops, room was clean, staff was friendly and accommodating, parking garage was convenient - however did not like paying $10 to park each night (that's the only negative)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Clean, quiet, comfortable, friendly, everything about the stay was uneventful. For breakfast, we took advantage of the special for about $9 each and it was a great value and tasty food. I especially appreciated the water pressure and that the water was good and hot for a long soak.

Room Tip: The parking garage was safe and secure. Next time I'd bring a bathing suit to take advantage of...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mojodrag
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My boys and I had an outstanding stay while in Athens for 4 days. The front desk staff were very courteous. They were welcoming every time we entered the hotel and always asked if we needed anything. I forgot my toothbrush and the lovely lady supplied me with a tooth brush and toothpaste. In the afternoon the gentleman suggested we go off the beaten path to a fabulous soul food restaurant called Weaver D's. Excellent selection!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2014

My wife and I attended a QDMA convention in Athens , we stayed at the Hilton Garden which is right across the street from the convention center. It was great. A very nice hotel, really friendly staff, especially Rachel Jane who helped us although our stay. Comfortable rooms with some really cold a/c which is good in Ga in July. I highly recommend staying here as I will when I return. Thanks for a great 5 days

Room Tip: I think any room would be ok, we were on street side second floor which was fine..
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Joseph H
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Hotel is of high quality as delivered by Hilton Garden Inn, and has the added benefit of being in the center of the quaint Main Street. Staff was friendly and helpful. Not sure what else to say but they are requiring 200 characters.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business