“So good that your Mammy will slap you...”
Review of Weaver D's

Weaver D's
Ranked #40 of 415 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Monroe, Georgia, United States
“So good that your Mammy will slap you...”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Weaver D's is an absolute gem of a down home, nothing fancy joint, and I mean that in a good way. The hardest part of eating here is deciding between the fried chicken and the meat loaf. Heck, order 'em both and wallow out the door.

• Visited August 2013

• Korean first
US
“Good food”
Reviewed 27 June 2013

I have lived in Athens for about 3 years and, until now, have never visited the famed Weaver D's. We visited during a time of day when there was no crowd. In fact, we were the only ones in the restaurant. The food was, for the most part pretty standard. I was not blown away by it. If I still lived in Athens, I am not sure that I would visit again when there are so many other places with equally as good, if not better, food.

• Visited May 2013
Cicero, New York
“Love that fried chicken”
Reviewed 2 June 2013

The fried chicken,squash casserole, fried corn & corn bread is wonderful! I love Southern cooking & you can't get food like this in upstate NY.

Visited May 2013
Athens, Georgia
“Ask for the poor mans special it's the bomb!”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

Can be expensive but just ask for the poor mans special it's the bomb! Weaver D can be rude but you gotta get past that and get to the food.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank YummyInMyTummy90
Winston Salem
“Just like I remembered”
Reviewed 11 December 2012

I went back there when I was in town for UGA homecoming. Nothing has changed. Great soul food and Weaver is still working the front. Everything on the menu is good, but I'm partial to the meatloaf. Folks tailgating at the games still order large amounts of his fried chicken. If for some reason you don't get full on your meal, order some homemade cobbler. Can't wait till we go back.

• Visited November 2012