“Love The Taco Stand” 4 of 5 bubbles

Atlanta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Love The Taco Stand”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've been eating here for years--all the way back to high school. My favorite thing ever is their cheese dip, which is the best I've ever had at any Mexican Restaurant--it has spinach in it. I love their quesadilla with chicken and onions. Their regular beef taco is also excellent. Be sure to try their homemade lemonade as well. Both Athens locations are great, but if your looking for nice ambiance; then look elsewhere. This is a college favorite in a college town. It's about the food and hanging out with friends. You've gotta try it.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Acworth, Georgia
“Best food ever. Consistent for at least 22 years.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 August 2013

It's difficult for a restaurant to keep their food consistent for a long period of time. Taco Stand has done just that. The nachos, cheese dip, and burritos are my favorite. The black bean and rice burrito extra hot is incredible and I can't find anything like it anywhere else. Great for lunch, dinner, or late night. Fun bar with GREAT bartenders. Love it.

Visited May 2013
Alpharetta, Georgia
“Tasty and Easy on the Wallet”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2013

This place is pretty darn good for a cheapo taco place. The food cannot be good for you, but it was tasty. They were a little slow, but all in all pretty good!

Visited July 2012
Georgia
“Average in a town with better options”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

Simple, cheap, average. It's hard to come back here when I can get to Cali n Titos, Taqueria del Sol, and Sr. Sol in town. So it's not really about the quality of their food, which is cheap, simple, and what you'd expect for college town american-mexican, but why spend my calories here when it's competitors are better?

Visited August 2012
Gainesville, GA
“Decent Food. Horrendous Environment.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2012

My friends and I used to walk here to grab lunch at times when in college. The food is not bad and it's very budget friendly, which is always ideal for a college kid. Now that I've graduated, gotten a "real" job and can afford to eat at better restaurants in Athens, I have NO desire to eat at The Taco Stand on Milledge. I was honestly shocked at how dirty the place looked the first time I walked in. Usually when I walk in and am appalled at the filthiness of a restaurant, the first thing I look for is the infamous health inspection score. It was a "C". Need I say more about the cleanliness? Of all the times I visited this place, the staff behind the counter was less than friendly. Whoever does the hiring for this place must strictly do phone interviews. God forbid they hire people who own a razor and soap. I've eaten there enough times out of necessity to say this place gets a "D" rating from me at best.

• Visited October 2011