“Taco Stand”

The Taco Stand
Ranked #274 of 416 Restaurants in Athens
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

Yummy, Yummy, Yummy. For the last two years and after the GDay game, my wife and I have enjoyed both experiences. We plan to come here everyyear. Great food and a great price!

Reviewed 14 March 2014

Great local place to stop that offers phenomenal tacos! We ate at the one downtown, and noticed there was another on the outskirts of town. I'm sure it's just as tasty!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

IWas looking for a quick snack and a few beers. I had two beef tacos and a few dos equis. The price was less than $10 and the food was not bad. Health score could have been higher but took a chance.

Reviewed 20 February 2014

I've been eating at the TStand for over twenty years now and it is a must-visit whenever I'm in Athens. The deluxe meat burrito and a quesdilla with onions and peppers is awesome. The one at the corner of Prince and Milledge is my all time favorite but the downtown location is the one I usually visit now. The ordering process used to be fairly rigorous with a precise time to give each piece of information but that seems sort of relaxed now. What hasn't changed is the quality of the food and the relative value for what you pay.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

I've been eating here for years--all the way back to high school. My favorite thing ever is their cheese dip, which is the best I've ever had at any Mexican Restaurant--it has spinach in it. I love their quesadilla with chicken and onions. Their regular beef taco is also excellent. Be sure to try their homemade lemonade as well. Both Athens locations are great, but if your looking for nice ambiance; then look elsewhere. This is a college favorite in a college town. It's about the food and hanging out with friends. You've gotta try it.