“Ok food - ok price”

Cuisines: Mexican
Champaign, Illinois
“Ok food - ok price”
Reviewed 22 February 2013

If you're looking for average, run of the mill Mexican food - this is your place. The food was decent, in my opinion. I did, however, really enjoy my sangria. Also, the servers just don't appear to be incredibly friendly. Maybe we were there on an off night - I am willing to try again!

• Visited February 2013

Athens, GA
“Mostly good, interesting food”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

The food was good, just not great. The service is very friendly but the noise level sometimes makes it difficult to understand what others are asking. It also makes it difficult for the server to hear your order. Even when we received the wrong appetizer, though, they were very gracious and quickly brought us what we ordered.

Visited February 2013
“A Must Try!”
Reviewed 9 January 2013 via mobile

To be honest, I'm not a big Mexcian food eater. My wife, though, loves it. So, every once in a while, I will tell her that we can go eat Mexican food. I have found that getting a chicken and cheese quesadilla is the closest thing to authentic Mexican food that I like. Well, we decided to try the new La Parilla that opened up across the street from our apartment (on the East side, over by Choo Choo and the Omni Club) for dinner one Saturday evening. We both absolutely loved it! We got seated with barely any wait, we placed our orders, the food came out in literally less than five minutes, we ate the deliciousness, tried fried ice cream for the first time, and paid a fair price for it all. My wife also ordered a margarita, but she's not big on tasting the actual alcohol, so if you like getting your money's worth of liquor, then you'll be happy with them...she said it tasted great regardless. I don't like the chicken quesadillas that come with all of those onions and stuff already in the chicken, and this place doesn't do that. In fact, their chicken is so tender and good. We thoroughly enjoyed the experience so much that we went back for an after-church Sunday lunch with some friends the next day! I told my wife that we can eat Mexican more now, but only if it's this place :)

Commerce, Georgia
“Amazing”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Posted for this resturant before cause its great but I think I forgot to tell ya'll need to try the pichers of Margaritas ask for the Texas Margaritas they are out of this world and well worth the price,perfect food for after the holiday.

• Visited December 2012
Jefferson, Georgia
“Crazy Italian gives thumbs up”
Reviewed 10 November 2012

Last school year , our family hosted an Italian exchange student. For her seventeenth (17) birthday , we celebrated at La Parilla.She had never had mexican food before. I suggested she try a combination dinner so she would
have a variety. She thought she had hit the jackpot. She raved about how delicious the food was and just kept shoveling it in. It was very amusing to see her enjoying dinner. The staff and service are great and the food is always delicious. This is the only real mexican place we dine at.

• Visited August 2012

Been to La Parilla? Share your experiences!