“Athens, GA Best Western”

Best Western Athens
Ranked #12 of 23 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Athens, United States
“Athens, GA Best Western”
Reviewed 30 December 2013

This was a good place to stay with my dog. The room was simple and clean, the nightly rate for the dog was $10/night which was the best rate I found in town for pets. Would recommend it for anyone needing accommodations when traveling with a pet.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

2 Thank Doreen Y
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, 31 December 2013
I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay Doreen Y! Hopefully your fury friend enjoyed this visit as well. Being a pet friendly option in Athens that offers a comfortable environment is what we strive to offer all travelers- while not charging an excessive pet fee like many properties do. Thank you for the review, and I hope the rest of your vacation was enjoyable. Call us for anything! 706-546-7311

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
Lancaster, South Carolina
Reviewed 23 December 2013

Got to give a shout out to the Best Western in Athens, GA. Just a brisk walk from downtown Athens and the University of Georgia, this BW covers all of the bases. Super friendly staff, very clean rooms, safe area -- just a fine, reasonable place to stay. If you're looking for a safe, clean hotel in a good location: This is it.

Be safe out there.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Larry S
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, 25 December 2013
I am excited to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us Larry S! As you mentioned, we are right on the cusp of downtown Athens, yet far enough away to escape the hustle and bustle that the Athens scene can have on big weekends. Having a top-notch staff that offers a clean and comfortable place to stay at a competitive price is something we take pride in. Thank you for staying- hope to see you again soon!
Greenville, Alabama
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My family and I had to visit the Athens area due to a death in the family. Since I have a Best Western Rewards card it is the first hotel that I began looking for. I will be honest and say that I was a little concerned when I drove up and saw that the entrance to my room would be an outside door. I normally look for hotels that have a access to the rooms only once you are inside the main building. After checking in and meeting staff this was no longer a concern for me. I felt completely safe and at ease at this hotel. The staff at this location was wonderful. I will stay here again if I ever visit Athens again. I would recommend this hotel to any of my friends or family.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms most convient as I did not notice an elevator
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, 11 December 2013
I am so sorry to hear of your family's loss Michelle H. I hope the time spent in Athens during your family's time of mourning went as smoothly as possible. We do appreciate you all staying with us, and I am pleased to hear that our staff made you all feel comfortable. Thank you for the comments and I hope you are doing doing well upon losing your family member. Call should you need anything. 706-546-7311.
Chattanooga
Reviewed 6 December 2013

The staff was very helpful and the rooms are always clean and comfortable. The only real drawback is the tiny sized breakfast are, however there is a plan in motion to increase it dramatically. Overall this is a very decent hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you for your contribution Jarvis T! We take pride in providing superior customer service and top notch cleanliness- while still at an affordable price. Like you mentioned, we will soon be having a big construction project! This will give us a new tower that will over look Milledge Avenue, while also peering into our city's historic downtown district. The addition will include the larger breakfast area, indoor pool, and of course additional rooms. I appreciate your review, and we hope to see you again soon! 706-546-7311.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

We went over to Athens for a Football game at the last minute. The Best Western came open late on Friday night. We booked it after reading Tripadvisor reviews. The Motel is simple but very clean. The location is the key. We walked 15 mins to Sanford stadium, then 12 mins to Downtown and finally, 10 mins to our Motel. We saw a game, ate dinner Downtown and stopped for drinks before walking back. We never had to drive or try to take a Taxi. If you wish to stay central to Athens, this is a great bet.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Glad you chose to stay with us James H! I hope you had fun at the football game, and that you enjoyed the downtown Athens scene. We too feel our location is a plus. Being central to most everything in Athens is a key, like you said, and something our customers can use to their advantage. Thank you for staying with on your football weekend- we hope to see you again in the future! Call us for anything you might need! 706-546-7311.
Albany Georgia
Reviewed 31 October 2013

I have stayed at this Best Western many times and will do so again. The staff is friendly and welcoming, and Julian went way out of his way to accommodate and assist me with a minor issue (some tv channels had no sound). The room was very clean.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Glad you enjoyed yet another stay Kathleen S! I am pleased to hear that Julian was able to assist you with your T.V. situation- I will be sure to pass your comments along to him. Cleanliness is a priority here at Best Western Athens, and something my staff takes great pride in. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to town, please give us a call should you need anything! 706-546-7311. See you soon.
Rehovot, Israel
Reviewed 21 October 2013

The room was large, and had a fridge and a microwave. There is no elevator, and there are two floors. The clientel is not high class. Location is very good for the University. The free breakfast was pretty good. Overall, a pretty good experiance for someone interested to get maximum value for your money.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this review, 22 October 2013
We appreciate your comments Joel W! It is our opinion that all rooms in today's market should include a fridge/microwave combo, as all of rooms do. People always ask "is it extra for a room with these appliances" and the answer is "no!" Being close to everything in Athens is a plus for guests that stay with us, as well as having a FREE breakfast every morning. Give us a call if necessary! 706-546-7311.