“Very Grateful”

GreenLeadersGold level
Pensacola, Florida
“Very Grateful”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Found this downtown hotel close to the university. Just what I needed. Big music event that weekend and hotel was full, but staff very responsive and friendly. Only stayed one night but quality of room was great! My accolade goes out to the hospitality of the lady on the night staff. Just that morning I had purchased a new car and she let me park it where she could keep an eye on it for me all night. I got to sleep instead of worry all night. She's a saint in my book! Great location if you want downtown, great room and price, fast check in and out. Absolutely no complaints and would stay here without hesitation if I pass through Athens again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us Sunnysearch2014! Athfest weekend is always a big hit and draws a huge crowd. The lady you are referring to is Kim, and I will be sure to share your review with her. I hope you are enjoying your new car, and am glad that she was able to make you comfortable during your stay. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in Athens! Call us if you need anything! 706-546-7311.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Hebrew first
Hagerstown, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

I came to Athens to help my son find a house to purchase prior to his relocating in August. The gentleman at the front desk was very pleasant and informative upon our arrival. The internet wifi was not very strong and frequently dropped reception. There were lots of construction groups there and the noise level was elevated late into the evening. There was no place to sit outside other than the pool area which seemed to be locked the entire time we were there. It would have been nice to sit on the balcony in the evening. the room was clean and comfortable. there was not a lot of space to sit at the desk to work and move around the room but we managed. Overall, the stay was very nice and close to campus. I would recommend staying if your looking for a decent place for a decent price. Also, the breakfast choices were excellent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
11045, Owner at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience kathyg1552014! I hope you and your son had luck finding a house for him to live in for the school year coming up. Julian was the gentleman that assisted you when checking in- I will be sure to share your review with him. We strive everyday to satisfy customers like yourself by being a clean and comfortable option that is also affordable! Call us direct should you ever need anything 706-546-7311! Have a nice summer!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff, from check-in to check-out , was most professional, kind and coureous. They never seemed too busy and gave me their undivided attention. For this I am most grateful. I am acquainted with Manager, Liz Moore. She has recruited a top-notched staff which serves the Best Western corporate motel industry well. I thin this location should receive national recognition. Best Western Athens is my only consideration when staying in Athens, Georgia. I applaud their future explansion plans. This creatibe renovation will enhance the property. Sincerely submitted, The Revs. Steve and Mary Ruth Davidson

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business

11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience Steve! It was a pleasure having you again at our property for the annual Methodist conference. Glad to hear that you had another enjoyable stay with us, and I hope you and Mary Ruth got to enjoy some of Athens outside of the conference. Look forward to seeing you again soon! If there is anything you need, give us a call! 706-546-7311.
Hampton, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

Awesome Hotel and Staff. Whenever im working in Athens or near Athens this is where i stay. There sta ff are real helpful. Also there are lots of places to eat or even just hanging out in the downtown area, which you can walk to. I have also never experienced any loud noise from any of the guest.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

11045, Owner at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Great to hear your comments Toriano R! It has been a pleasure having you stay with us and getting to know you over the last couple months. As always, if you should need anything don't hesitate to give us a shout. See you soon! 706-546-7311.
Asheville, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

The value for the price paid was excellent. The check in process was easy, the room was clean, and the staff very pleasant. This was also close to everything. We requested extra blankets and the hotel staff brought them right to our room. Best Western Patriots Point made us come down to the lobby to get the blankets ourselves!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
It thrills me to hear that you enjoyed your stay JillJSimmons! As you mentioned in your response we are a property that looks to make things as streamlined for our guests as possible. We handle guests how we would want ourselves to be taken care of. Hope you all had fun while in Athens! Drop us a line if you ever need anything! 706-546-7311.
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

This was a quick trip but it served the purpose of getting some rest. The hotel room was clean, but the exterior landscaping needs improvement (there is some neglect). I would have prefer more warmed foods for breakfast, but if you need some coffee and donut then it's ok. Clean and comfortable for the price.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for contributing to our page Vincentb550! Being a clean and comfortable option within the Athens market is our daily goal. I hope your visit to Athens was enjoyable and we look forward to accommodating you in the future. Call should you need us! 706-546-7311.
Ontario, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed here for four nights. The room was clean and spacious. Parking, WiFi and breakfast were included, so there were no surprise costs. The employees were kind, helpful and knew the surroundings.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
11045, Manager at BEST WESTERN Athens, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us Klaus B! Being an affordable option that doesn't have hidden costs upon arrival is what we strive offer. I will be sure to pass your review along to the rest of our employees. If there is anything you should need, please don't hesitate to call us! 706-546-7311. Hope to see you again!