“Good time”

Best Western Athens
Ranked #11 of 23 Hotels in Athens
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 3 July 2014

For my stay here I had a good experience with the staff, the room was well kept, and it was a problem free stay. I've stayed at a few other hotels around town but this is definitely a good value for good service.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us James H! I will be sure to share your experience with the rest of my team and thank them for going beyond the normal call of duty. As you said in your post we are an accommodation that you consider to be a good value within our market. This is my favorite comment from guests because we work hard on a daily basis to offer a clean and comfortable environment that is affordable to a large sector of the population. Any questions, please feel free to drop us a line! 706-546-7311

Reviewed 2 July 2014

We stayed here for one night while attending the music festival Athfest. Staff was helpful. Room was clean. All the rooms have outdoor entry, but we were on the second floor so I didn't mind it. The desk chair was very large and wouldn't go under the desk so it was hard to walk around the bed. Minor thing really for an reasonably priced room. The breakfast was basic, but lots to choose from. We would stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
11045, Owner at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Thank you for sharing bellaveggirl! Athfest is always a huge hit in town and draws quite a crowd. I hope you and your friends enjoyed the festivities. As you mentioned we are a reasonably priced option within the Athens market- this is something we take great pride in. Thank you contributing to our page, and we will see you in the future! Call if you need anything! 706-546-7311.

Reviewed 26 June 2014

Found this downtown hotel close to the university. Just what I needed. Big music event that weekend and hotel was full, but staff very responsive and friendly. Only stayed one night but quality of room was great! My accolade goes out to the hospitality of the lady on the night staff. Just that morning I had purchased a new car and she let me park it where she could keep an eye on it for me all night. I got to sleep instead of worry all night. She's a saint in my book! Great location if you want downtown, great room and price, fast check in and out. Absolutely no complaints and would stay here without hesitation if I pass through Athens again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 1 July 2014

I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us Sunnysearch2014! Athfest weekend is always a big hit and draws a huge crowd. The lady you are referring to is Kim, and I will be sure to share your review with her. I hope you are enjoying your new car, and am glad that she was able to make you comfortable during your stay. We look forward to serving you the next time you are in Athens! Call us if you need anything! 706-546-7311.

Reviewed 21 June 2014

I came to Athens to help my son find a house to purchase prior to his relocating in August. The gentleman at the front desk was very pleasant and informative upon our arrival. The internet wifi was not very strong and frequently dropped reception. There were lots of construction groups there and the noise level was elevated late into the evening. There was no place to sit outside other than the pool area which seemed to be locked the entire time we were there. It would have been nice to sit on the balcony in the evening. the room was clean and comfortable. there was not a lot of space to sit at the desk to work and move around the room but we managed. Overall, the stay was very nice and close to campus. I would recommend staying if your looking for a decent place for a decent price. Also, the breakfast choices were excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
11045, Owner at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 22 June 2014

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience kathyg1552014! I hope you and your son had luck finding a house for him to live in for the school year coming up. Julian was the gentleman that assisted you when checking in- I will be sure to share your review with him. We strive everyday to satisfy customers like yourself by being a clean and comfortable option that is also affordable! Call us direct should you ever need anything 706-546-7311! Have a nice summer!

Reviewed 13 June 2014

The staff, from check-in to check-out , was most professional, kind and coureous. They never seemed too busy and gave me their undivided attention. For this I am most grateful. I am acquainted with Manager, Liz Moore. She has recruited a top-notched staff which serves the Best Western corporate motel industry well. I thin this location should receive national recognition. Best Western Athens is my only consideration when staying in Athens, Georgia. I applaud their future explansion plans. This creatibe renovation will enhance the property. Sincerely submitted, The Revs. Steve and Mary Ruth Davidson

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience Steve! It was a pleasure having you again at our property for the annual Methodist conference. Glad to hear that you had another enjoyable stay with us, and I hope you and Mary Ruth got to enjoy some of Athens outside of the conference. Look forward to seeing you again soon! If there is anything you need, give us a call! 706-546-7311.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

Awesome Hotel and Staff. Whenever im working in Athens or near Athens this is where i stay. There sta ff are real helpful. Also there are lots of places to eat or even just hanging out in the downtown area, which you can walk to. I have also never experienced any loud noise from any of the guest.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
11045, Owner at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Great to hear your comments Toriano R! It has been a pleasure having you stay with us and getting to know you over the last couple months. As always, if you should need anything don't hesitate to give us a shout. See you soon! 706-546-7311.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

The value for the price paid was excellent. The check in process was easy, the room was clean, and the staff very pleasant. This was also close to everything. We requested extra blankets and the hotel staff brought them right to our room. Best Western Patriots Point made us come down to the lobby to get the blankets ourselves!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
11045, Manager at Best Western Athens, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

It thrills me to hear that you enjoyed your stay JillJSimmons! As you mentioned in your response we are a property that looks to make things as streamlined for our guests as possible. We handle guests how we would want ourselves to be taken care of. Hope you all had fun while in Athens! Drop us a line if you ever need anything! 706-546-7311.