“Great location, good price”

Courtyard Athens Downtown
Ranked #16 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This hotel is located next to the heart of downtown Athens, That means next to UGA and right next to all restaurant and bars...Rooms are well kept and simple...nothing fancy. Free parking for downtown is good. Free WIFI.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Stephen L, General Manager at Courtyard Athens Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2017

Thank you for your wonderful review! I apologize I’m just responding, I’ve just been able to get back into the site. You covered a lot of great areas in your review that other guests will find helpful. We do have several college students who work in our Bistro and Front Desk and it still amazes me the wealth of information they have of things to see and do in Athens! I appreciate the kind comments on how clean the hotel is and how friendly the staff is, we really love what we do so it’s nice that it shows through. I’ve shared your comments with the team and of course they loved them! Please on your next stay stop by the desk I’d like to thank you in person.

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We have stayed at this hotel on most of our visits to Athens. It is in a great location as it is within walking distance to UGA, restaurants and the freshman dorms, which was great on move in day. I will say this hotel staff is so friendly and great on recommending restaurants.

The room is clean and the workout area is small, but has weights, a treadmill and an elliptical machine. There is a pool and a nice veranda to sit and watch the comings and goings.

It is a good place to stay and we have learned to make our reservations early during UGA Football.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This was by far one of the most friendly and service oriented hotels I've ever experienced. We had a large group using the hotel for a family wedding and they accommodated our every need... and then some.
The food counter had an adequate menu if you couldn't get out for breakfast lunch or dinner, and the pool was quiet, clean and comfortable. A few of the chamber maids even came out and chatted, offering us popsicles and cold drinks. I believe Kevin managed this facility (?) Thumbs up to a great job and a great staff.
Definitely would recommend this place!!

Room Tip: I didn't really see the rooms with the door accessing the parking lot, but that may be a plus fo...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2013

Hotel was very nice and clean. Housekeeping was efficient, quickly cleaned our room, made the beds and was gone in a flash. No free breakfast, but all you can drink free coffee in the lobby. The Marriott was quite, but across the street there is another hotel and yes it was Friday night and its a college town and yes there was a party going on! Lots of guys and girls around the pool at the other hotel with load music up until 11 pm. So if you show-up on a weekend ask for a room away from the street between the two hotels. I plan many more trips to Athens and will stay again at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 June 2013

I was looking for a place to stay around Athens, GA on a busy weekend. Many places were booked when I started looking. At first I was uncertain about this place because of its location. It is on a side street with another seedy looking hotel behind it. The nearest busy street also look somewhat shabby. But, I was pleasantly surprised when we check in. This is a very nice example of the Marriott Courtyard chain. We had a room at the end of the hall on the second floor (there are only two floors) overlooking the parking lot. It does not sound great, but there were sufficient trees to make the view pleasant. The room was clean and quiet with the usual amenities including free wi-fi that actually worked well. The hotel also has a nice informal restaurant that does serve been and wine. It is the type of place where you order at a counter and they bring the food to your table, wherever you choose to sit. The inner courtyard around the swimming pool was very attractive and a nice place to sit and relax.

The hotel is close to the downtown area that has nice restaurants and close to the University of Georgia campus. My only complaint is that the air conditioning was noisy and drafty. I cooled the room down before bed and then turned it off and that worked well. If I need to be in this area again, I would definitely give this place high consideration.

Room Tip: Rooms at the end of the hall away from the ice machine and elevators.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed here while in Athens. It was really close to downtown and walking distance to pretty much everything.

The front desk staff was very helpful and helped us figure out what to do while in the city.

You could park very close to your room so you didn't have to cart your bags too far. There are only 2 floors here and are elevators but we opted for the stairs as our room was closer.

The room was very clean and comfortable as was the bathroom.

We had a very nice stay and would stay here again if back in Athens.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gkelly80

Reviewed 20 May 2013

Front desk personnel, as well as housekeeping, exceptionally competent and courteous. As you could tell, especially a week after graduation, this location is used hard all year. The beds and linens were fresh as well as the pillows. Towels were somewhat smallish and a little "light". Really convenient location for most. Would stay here again, but also investigate the Spring Hill Suites down the road.

Room Tip: If you have ambulatory concerns, they do have rooms giving both parking lot and interior hallway acc...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo