“Good all around choice”

Courtyard Athens Downtown
Ranked #14 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 19 June 2007

My daughter and I were there visiting the college. It was reasonably clean, easy to find, close enough to walk to fun shops and restaurants(we liked taking our car.) It had a nice basic pool area and a nice hot buffet breakfast for $8. The staff was very friendly and helpful. We thought is was quiet and very pleasant and safe. It was summer, so I don't know what it would be like on a football weekend. We got a good rate through AAA. I would stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Stephen L, General Manager at Courtyard Athens Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2017

Thank you for the great comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. We knew would have a great stay with us . The Bistro is a great place to meet and have breakfast or dinner and enjoy your favorite Starbucks beverage The happy hour rocks between 5pm and 7 pm . We do pride ourselves in providing outstanding guest service and thank you for acknowledging the staff and how helpful they were and how clean our hotel during your stay. We hope you will come back to see us the next time you are in Athens.

Reviewed 9 February 2007

The Courtyard in Athens was good--I'd say it's pretty standard compared to the other Courtyards I've visited.

The front desk staff was very polite and helpful--they recommended a few good restaurants and they were kind to my entourage--even offered one of my co-workers a bag of Chex Mix.

The room itself was about the same as most Courtyards--comfortable, tastefully decorated and not cheesy, but there wasn't really anything that distinguished it from any other hotel I've been to. Free wireless internet is nice, though, and the room filled all of my needs.

One thing I noticed-- you could hear EVERYTHING that went on in the halls. Apparently some fellow guests started their weekend early--at about 2 am and 3:30 am, they were running around the halls yelling. On the positive side, I got a little nostalgic remembering fraternity parties I visited in college. Still, it's hard to believe that the staff didn't notice as they ran through the halls.

The restaurant was fine for breakfast--the buffet was pretty standard.

Overall, this wasn't bad at all. I'd stay here again if/when I go back to Athens.

• Stayed: February 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Thank you for the great comments regarding your recent stay at our hotel. The Bistro is a great place to meet and have breakfast or dinner and enjoy your favorite Starbucks beverage The happy hour rocks between 5pm and 7 pm . We do pride ourselves in providing outstanding guest service and thank you for acknowledging the staff and how helpful they were and how clean our hotel during your stay. We hope you will come back to see us the next time you are in Athens.

Reviewed 29 December 2006

Was a while ago now but me and 2 friends stayed here and had a wonderful trip. I can't fault the hotel :)

Stayed: September 2003

Reviewed 23 June 2006

I was in Athens for a conference and was really surprised that I liked this hotel so much. I've stayed at plenty of Courtyard's but this one was nicer - the staff and rooms were above average. The staff was very polite and helpful, rooms were clean, good AC, free internet connection, and bed was comfy. No problems at all! I'd stay there again!

• Stayed: June 2006, travelled on business