“great location - clean rooms”

Holiday Inn Athens-University Area
Ranked #9 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 12 October 2011

recently renovated it looked like - rooms were nice - best part would be location if you are wanting to get to that end of the UGA campus and good restaurants/bars a close walk away

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 September 2011

Fantastic price, friendly staff and great location. Very pleased with my stay here. Staff was very helpful and more than happy to suggest places to go and things to do. Great little bar within walking distance too. Wish I could remember the name...

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 25 August 2011

It's a Holiday Inn so I'm not expecting the Ritz. However, I've stayed at much nicer Holiday Inns across the country so this one was disappointing. First, the staff is very friendly and helpful. Big plus because we all know that can vary greatly at hotels. The outside noise in my room was bothersome at all hours of the day and night -- even with ear plugs -- and my room is facing Hull St, not Broad St which is definitely a busy street here. There is a huge gap under the door to my room so I had to stuff a towel by it to block the light so I could sleep. The temp selector on the iron is broken so I can only plug it in when I need it because I can't turn it to off and I have one heat selection I can use, very hot. The internet is SLOW. I mean old days internet SLOW. So it was very difficult to actually get much work done online last night but that didn't really matter because the lamp on my desk is not working. Not sure if it's the bulb needs replaced or what but will let the front desk staff know today so hopefully I have light tonight. I went to call room service this morning for breakfast only to find I don't have a breakfast menu in the room. The clerk was very nice, said it should be in the binder but it wasn't. I ordered something very standard though so she happily took the order and said she'd send a menu up. Food arrived with a very friendly delivery person but alas no menu so I'll have to get one later. The food was good but nothing exciting, very reasonably priced though especially for room service which is usually ridiculously expensive. While the furnishings in the room seem "tired", it does appear to be clean. Would recommend some new pillows though as they're quite lumpy. Thankfully I brought my own from home since I drove here. No fridge or microwave in the room in case you're looking for those.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 August 2011

7th floor (top) roomn yielded bites evident the next morning. Moved rooms and no further bites. Average breakfast buffet, often missing items like eggs and some cereals. Business Center with two PCs and printers and average-speed Internet access. No pool! across the street from UGA. Rooms along Broad Street are slightly noisy. King bed is firm, as are the pillows. No fridge! Small writing table, drapes keep out a little noise. Noise from hallway cannot be blocked.
TV with 100 channels (SyFY & Comedy Channel), no pay movies, > dozen mucis channels w/o announcers! Didn't check for in-room Internet connections.
Bathroom has combo shower/tup, clean white tile w/o signs of age.
Perfect location for walking to numerous restaurants and bars.

Room Tip: check you bed first
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 August 2011

Stayed here a few months back and they have a separate priority club wing. Thought it would be nice. It was nice but the Internet was too slow to do anything with. If looking for a place to crash with a bed and tv, this is great. If need to d work, look elsewhere since cannot et to any site.
Did have a good bar and the restaurant was very good.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 July 2011

Okay -It's a Holiday Inn. And it IS a little tired from all the traffic during season (University of Georgia and football...). But I have to admit we always have a comfortable stay and the staff is quite friendly and accommodating. You'll find anything you need here - just not as stylish as other places. Can't say that the restaurant is very good (it's okay... sort of...) But there are endless restaurants within walking distance. The UGA campus is right next door.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2011

Located downtown within walking distance to the UGA campus, bars, & restaurants. Property is not new but has been updated and kept current. Beds are comfortable and employees are friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family