“"Family Trip for Wedding"”
Review of Hampton Inn Athens

Hampton Inn Athens
Ranked #4 of 23 Hotels in Athens
Reviewed 19 March 2012

This Hampton Inn has possibly the friendliest staff I have seen in a Hampton Inn. It is clean and provides the breakfast our 3 generation family of 14 from 2 months to 67 needs. The hot dishes are adequate but muffins and cereals are my grandkids breakfast of choice and these were abundant. Too often a Hampton this small does not offer as many choices. The hot chocolate chip cookies were replaced more than once in the late afternoon. I have not been in a Hampton that did this. Usually you are told there are no more after one plate. This is a small thing but it makes a difference in the welcoming feeling. I commend the nice staff.

Reviewed 21 February 2012

Nice enough place with clean beds and good service. Their breakfast was the standard Hampton Inn fare, except for the rather dry eggs, which I have dubbed "Hampton Pellets", on the guess that they're not unique to this branch. The bacon was also hard enough for interior repairs, or perhaps shingling. Nice oatmeal, though.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel while attending a conference at The Classic Center. As I walked through the doors to check-in, I was greeted by the scent of fresh made chocolate cookies! Mmmmmm. After checking in, I turned around and found a plate of hot cookies sitting on the buffet behind me. =)

The room was very clean, fresh and comfortable. I was very impressed. The TV remote could have used some fresh batteries, however. It worked sporadically. WiFi worked great.

The only thing that disappointed me was when I woke up in the morning and went down for breakfast, I noticed everyone had a newspaper in front of their door except for me. =( However, the breakfast was excellent.

Also, there is an Applebees next door that shares the parking lost, so no need to drive for a meal. There's also a Checkers across the side street.

I was very impressed and pleased with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GA_Sojourners
Reviewed 8 February 2012

We stayed for three nights, including Christmas. The staff was very friendly and remained cheerful and helpful when I'm sure they would have much rather have been home with their own families. Our room was clean, well maintained and comfortable. We stay at a lot of Hampton Inns and their breakfast buffet was one of of the best. Nicely laid out with plenty of options (I have some food sensitivities - primarily eggs and dairy, so I notice stuff like this). I would stay there again and would recommend it to anyone needing a place to stay in Athens.

1  Thank sseaton68
Reviewed 1 February 2012

I spent two nights here for the GA HOSA State conference during March 2011 and I was very pleased. The rooms were very clean and the whole hotel was quite well maintained. The free continental breakfast was excellent with a decent amount of variety and vegetarian options and the free wi-fi was very fast.

Room Tip: The highest floors have the least noise from the street & A/C.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Jackson R
Reviewed 22 December 2011

I usually find Hampton Inns to be a cut above, and this one certainly was! Not a five-star hotel, but certainly 5 stars for its class. Beds were THOROUGHLY COMFORTABLE, and the breakfast buffet was LARGE, VARIED and WELL DONE! Would DEFINITELY RETURN on my next trip to Athens!

1  Thank Remarkable R
Reviewed 12 December 2011

I stayed for a second time at the Hampton Inn Athens and nothing has changed, which was wonderful. I was again exceptionally pleased with the accommodating staff, comfortable rooms and great sleep quality.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business