“Well worth the wait”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Buffet, Reservations
Augusta, Georgia
“Well worth the wait”
Reviewed 19 July 2013

If you are looking for fast food, you've got the wrong place. Service may be a tad slow, but it's steady, and it means the food is being prepared, not nuked! The place has only 10 tables, & is cramped, but nonetheless, the food is terrific! Tandoori is awesome, & chicken tikka masala is not to be missed. I always see Indian folks In here, which is a solid clue the this is the real McKoy.. I mean Punjab

3 Thank Ken M

Bloomington, Minnesota, USA
“Terrible Indian food”
Reviewed 9 July 2013

Indian food is one of my favorite types of cuisine. I have had the great pleasure of eating authentic Indian food every where from the Island of St. Maarten to Minnesota and even the pleasure of eating Indian food prepared by private chiefs in my Indian friends homes. The food and service at the Taj of India was terrible. The waiter cleaned off the table with a used napkin from the people that ate before us, then severed our entire order to the wrong table. The food itself was very salty -loaded with MSG, containing very little flavor and spice. The food was almost unfit to be eaten. I ate a couple bites and felt ill for hours from the overload of MSG. The restaurant was recommended from my husband's friend, so someone likes it, just not me!

1 Thank Rachel O
“Waited long and wasnt busy”
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

My first visit so I went in and stood for over 10 minutes. Like a previous reviewer, I wasnt aware of the little buffet. My chicken curry was actually goof BUT NOT good enough for me to come back. Service was non existent.

1 Thank Chad1111
Evans, Georgia
“Always good, sometimes excellent”
Reviewed 8 June 2013

The food at the Taj is always at a minimum good. Sometimes however, it's beyond good and well into excellent. Tonight for instance the food was spectacular. The service is always hit or miss as well dependent on the crowd. The sometimes don't have enough help and if it's busy it's easy for the servers to be overrun. Tonight the chicken makhni was fantastic, the naan fresh and tasty and we tried the Chennai Kozhi Curry which was good as well.

If you're in town and like Indian, this is where you should eat. It's definitely the best in town.

• Visited June 2013
Augusta, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“FABULOUS!”
Reviewed 7 June 2013

Delicious food, Clean atmosphere, Friendly staff! A jewel in Augusta! I will definitely be returning to this charming lttle restaurant, in fact this is my new favorite spot!

• Visited June 2013