“Cool atmosphere, good food”
Review of Rae's Coastal Cafe

Rae's Coastal Cafe
Ranked #32 of 491 Restaurants in Augusta
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Harpers Ferry, West Virginia
“Cool atmosphere, good food”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

In town for a college visit and followed a Tripadvisor review to Rae's. As others have said, it's more than a bit tricky to find and probably would not have made it without GPS (even then it was confusing). Nevertheless, well worth the effort. Fun, casual atmosphere with very good food. We had the jerk chicken wings to start and they were excellent. Large and juicy with a good jerk rub. For dinner I had the Shrimp and Grits on the advice of our waitress (said it was Bill Murray's favorite). Very good but more of a casserole than I was expecting. Cheesy with lots of crab in with the grits and plenty of shrimp. My wife had the salmon and raved about it. The salad that accompanied the meal was good as well. Overall...recommended.

• Visited June 2014

Odenton, Maryland
“Hidden Jewel”
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

While in town an associate gave us a recommendation to check out Rae' s. Well after a little challenge following the GPS through the local neighborhood we found the parking lot full - a clue that it is a well liked establishment.
We ordered a crab cake and the salmon. Knowing that ordering a crab cake outside of Maryland can be a risky move, my friend was pleasantly surprised with a well made and flakey cake. The salmon was a generous portion, well seasoned and grilled to perfection.

Visited June 2014
Augusta, Georgia
“Great Time”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

I had forgotten about Rae's Coastal Café until my newlywed wife mentioned she would like to try a new restaurant in Augusta. This one came to mind and we were not disappointed. It does seem that this eatery caters to frequenting customers, but we were treated as though we had been eating there forever. The food is good, the wait staff is superb, particularly Allison, and the ambience is what my wife grew up with in her home town of Seattle. Need I say more? I think Rae's Coastal Café will be our go to restaurant for a long time to come.

Visited March 2014
Augusta, Georgia, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Yum”
Reviewed 25 March 2014 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Big fan of this place. Great seafood and if you like "jerk" style flavoring you will really like the jerk pork and chicken wings.

Visited March 2014
Martinez, Georgia
“Good but not great”
Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

Went for dinner on a weekday and the place was packed and loud, which was not a problem with me or my husband. Our server was attentive but seemed to be taking care of too many tables. Our entrees came with the house salad which was just average. My jerk chicken was flavorful and it came with a sauce on the side that was spicy and went well with the jerk seasoning. However, my husband had the mahi mahi and he didn't like the way it was cooked. He said it was tough and dry, not flaky. The fish was also brought to him lukewarm. We finished off our meal with the delicious key lime pie - best I have had in years, comparable to the one I had in the Jekyll Island Hotel years ago.

1 Thank SherilynAD