“Not as good as it use to be.”
Review of Red Lobster

Red Lobster
Ranked #133 of 491 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Columbia, South Carolina
“Not as good as it use to be.”
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

We have eaten @ this place alot through the years. However, this day it was less than expected by a mile. They didnt honor the commercial special though it was still June & when the food did come the portions were sparce considering it was dinner time. The fried shrimp was soggy & too much bread on mine & husbands plates. We were served on the plates we normally get but for the small amout of food the plate could have been smaller. The crab legs were very over cooked. Lobster was great. Scampi was good as well. Had to ask several time for butter for baked potato. Server was friendly but a little spacey. It wasn't very busy @ all. The place had an odor that it normally didnt. There are definately repairs that need to be done.

Fitzgerald, Georgia
“Found a good meal after we left here”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

We had a small party, and the restaurant wasn't full so we thought the service would be timely. No. We waited for silverware and drinks. Our server didn't have much time for us, and some of our order was cold. The veggies were all cold and really had no seasoning. The biggest surprise was the salmon, which was also cold. We won't go back, as I attempted to share our group's experience with the MOD. $75 in food, plus tips for less than acceptable service! There are no one available, so I called back the next business day and the employee asked me who I was. I said, "a paying customer". She shared with me that the GM was not on the property, but gave me his cell number. His voicemail stayed full and after 5 calls, I gave up. Try TBonz instead.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank KaiSims
Augusta, Georgia
“Better than expected”
Reviewed 25 August 2013

Our 15 person lunch group went here on 8/23/13. It was the 1st time I'd been there in 20 yrs. Glad to see it has improved since then. The location has been modernized & expanded, so it can accommodate a whole lot more people.
Lunch specials are 7.99, and a decent value. I had the shrimp & lobster quesadilla, which was fine. Shrimp were those tiny things out of a can, but it was dressed up neatly. Side was black beans, topped with blue cheese! I would recommend asking them to drop the blue cheese. Ambiance is nice. They didn't bat an eye when we asked for 15 individual checks...try that up north and see what the response is!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ken M
Marianna, Florida
“First time visit”
Reviewed 22 August 2013

We had dinner here while staying in Augusta for the evening. There was no wait although they were quite busy that night. It took a few minutes for our server to come to our table, however, once he took our order, it wasn't too long before our food arrived. We enjoyed our meal and overall had a good experience at this Red Lobster.

• Visited August 2013
IL
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 1 August 2013

This place needs an overhaul. The service was okay, but the food was sub par. My shrimp were tiny and tasteless, and the vegetables were so heavily salted that I could not eat them.

Visited July 2013