“Disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Georgia
“Disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2011

I recently visited this restaurant with some girlfriends for lunch on a Friday. It is located right by the railroad tracks in downtown Augusta on Sixth and Watkins streets. The building is a bit run-down and the decor is terribly out-dated. I ordered the grilled chicken salad and my friends ordered the sampler platter and the quiche. I am still surprised to get a salad with only iceberg lettuce these days! The chicken was so-so and the roasted peanuts just didn't seem to blend well with rest of the "toppings." It lacked flavor other than the ranch or honey mustard dressing offered for it. The final straw was finding a hair in the bottom of it all. Yuck! The other dishes looked good, and my friends seemed happy with their choices. We tried dessert as well, and the waitress was unsure what ingredients were in most of them. We chose the derby cake (lots of chocolate) and the carrot/pineapple cake. Both very, very sweet but good. Augusta offers many other restaurants, try them first before going here.

• Visited January 2011