“Clean and friendly--great value”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 16 February 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels in Augusta (and it's smoke free!). The hotel is spotless, and the staff's always very friendly and accommodating. They'll bring out snacks after breakfast hours if you ask, cookies are on hand in the evening, and they have listings of local events on weekends. Unlike many hotels in this price range, they don't charge for a toothbrush or other toiletries if you forget something. Having stayed at a range of hotel brands, I'd rate the complimentary hot breakfast as average for the hotel's price point; grab banana or an apple and peanut butter as a snack for later. I'll eventually get around to trying the pool and sauna, but the laundry and vending have been life savers.
I've got family in west Augusta so I've probably spent over $1,000 at half a dozen or so different hotels around Washington Rd and the I-20 corridor. The Hampton Inn had comparable service and amenities, and was quite clean, but they've got an exterior corridor and still allow smoking in some rooms. This is the only hotel we've consistently stayed at in West Augusta, and the only one I'd recommend for anyone who's sensitive to tobacco smoke.
Tip: they sometimes have a discount code on the special offers page at AugustaGA.org

Room Tip: All rooms have a kitchenette plus a sleeper sofa. I prefer the double queen rooms, we've comfor...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed here along with family and friends for a family wedding in down town Augusta. It has a very convenient location with 24/7 gas station and Wendy's next door. The rooms are quite big and the amenities are decent. The staff are very friendly and hospitable. Breakfast is adequate but gets repetitive after two days. Tea/coffee served 24/7 in the dining lounge. The only draw back is there is a Pet store in the rear, so it can get nosiy in the night with some of the dogs howling away. Better to get rooms out at the front.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 November 2011

My mom, sister and niece checked in the Comfort Suites for one night (Saturday). We had a quick check in with Robyn. She was very pleasant and made a solid recommendation for dinner (Pickles).

We had room 212 that was spacious with two queen beds. It had a small refrigerator, microwave, and sitting area. But don't stay in 212 or any even number room on this side of the hotel if you're not a heavy sleeper. We learned at 7am in the morning that there was a pet resort in the alleyway across from our room. There was a dog that barked all morning long. My mother was the closest to the window but slept like a baby and didn't hear the dog at all. This was not the case with me, my sister and niece.

A continental breakfast was included in the rate but they served eggs, sausage, and had a waffle-maker for you to make your own. I didn't have breakfast (still a little tight about the barking and we were put in that room in the first place). However my mom and sister said it was good and a little more than your typical continental breakfast.

Honestly I'm sure if we had a room across the hall, this review would be completely different. Oh well....

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cstocker
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I had to stay at this comfort suites for 5 weeks for work and I must say that the staff was amazing. They were always smiling and they constantly asked me if I needed anything. Kudos to Julie, Julia, Cheryl, Polianna, Kelsey, and Cindy. I missed being at home in my bed but they made it easy to be comfortable there. PS the suana was great.......I also recommended this hotel for other employees to stay at if in the area.....

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 November 2011

I've started at nearly all of the similarly priced hotels in Augusta, and this one is hands-down the best. Excellent, friendly staff, nice , clean rooms and facilities. Amazing value. Well run hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011
2  Thank StevePinkston
Reviewed 7 November 2011

My sales team and I stay in Choice Hotels all over 11 states in the Southeast. This property is certainly at the the top of those we frequent. Beautiful, quiet rooms; a staff who, to a person, approaches every customer interaction with a warm smile and a universal willingness to help in any way. The meeting room was terrific and the support we received helped make our two day meeting a solid success. We will be back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jeffery h
Reviewed 7 November 2011

The 3 night stay was very pleasant. The rooms were very nice an clean with daily service. Kelsey was very helpful.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business