“Best Value in Town” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Comfort Suites

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Atlanta, Georgia
“Best Value in Town”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Due to business, I stay in Augusta about 50 nights a year, and have stayed regularly in about six different hotels in the area over the last decade. I have found the Comforts Suites property on Riverwest Pkwy provides the best overall value when considering room furnishings, cleanliness, breakfast buffet, room cost and managerial responsiveness to needs. They have several top-notch front desk workers that are knowledgeable, friendly and professional. One of their more recent additions is Julie Morrow, who always remembers my name, even when I don't have a reservation. I've never had a bad experience at this property. The hotel is about 3 or 4 years old, but is maintained very well.

Room Tip: The only complaint I have is that there is a dog kennel on one side of the hotel, so I always ask to...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob S
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
My colleagues and I thrilled that we have gain you as a loyal guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read to positive comments about our team ,wonderful hotel and all the services we provide, this defiantly not a typical Comfort Suites. Hopefully you will continue to return and enjoy the transformation that will always exceed your expectations I am sure we all agree that our colleagues are our “best attribute” and we are extremely proud of them. I do want to express my sincere appreciation for you for noticing our team and their efforts in making our hotel the best in this area. Your kind observations are very much appreciated. We look forward to your return and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor. We look forward to having you back.

Sincerly,
Kelsey Long

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (114)
Grovetown, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I was greeted by name upon arrival. My room was large and very clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was very impressed with the overall stay,and will be returning everytime i come back to Augusta.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jerry B
Florida Panhandle, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Comfort Inn in Augusta is clean, comfortable, and a short driving distance from numerous restaurants such as Bonefish Grill, Outback, etc. It is very convenient to exit 200 from interstate 20.

The reservation was handled efficiently and when checking in, the hotel clerk was friendly and knowledgeable. The room itself was spacious, clean and came with a large HD TV.

The beds were comfortable, the air conditioning worked great and was relatively quiet. It is also a nonsmoking hotel which is a big plus.

We asked for a quiet room. It was--until about 4 AM. The building next door is for sale or rent. It appears to be a warehouse of some sort. They have guard dogs. About 4 AM they started barking. They didn't bark until 8 AM but every 15 minutes or so they would start up. One sounded like a beagle and one other sounded like a large dog such as Doberman.

I love hearing a beagle tracking a rabbit in the woods. It isn't nearly as amusing in the very early morning hours.

In short, we got about 6 hours of sleep instead of 8. Perhaps not the fault of the hotel but, if you decide to stay, be sure to get on a side away from the barking dogs if you intend to sleep through the night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Woodstock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We spent just one night here after a long, hard day driving and loading and unloading a large moving trailer. We were given an excellent rate and the room was spotless and roomy. The staff was very friendly; the manager, upon seeing our exhaustion, made a couple of recommendations of local restaurants that deliver so we had a very good pizza and fresh salad delivered. The clerk at the desk gave us all the plates, etc. that we needed to eat comfortably in the room. We were in an even numbered room and our window looked out on the Pet Resort next door. There was a large dog barking in the very early evening, but the barking stopped before we went to bed, so it did not disturb our rest. Breakfast was typical hotel continental breakfast fare. All in all a very nice stay. We will definitely stay here again the next time we come thru Augusta.

Room Tip: Choose an odd numbered room to be on the opposite side of the pet resort.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Warner Robins, GA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2012

This is one of my favorite hotels in Augusta (and it's smoke free!). The hotel is spotless, and the staff's always very friendly and accommodating. They'll bring out snacks after breakfast hours if you ask, cookies are on hand in the evening, and they have listings of local events on weekends. Unlike many hotels in this price range, they don't charge for a toothbrush or other toiletries if you forget something. Having stayed at a range of hotel brands, I'd rate the complimentary hot breakfast as average for the hotel's price point; grab banana or an apple and peanut butter as a snack for later. I'll eventually get around to trying the pool and sauna, but the laundry and vending have been life savers.
I've got family in west Augusta so I've probably spent over $1,000 at half a dozen or so different hotels around Washington Rd and the I-20 corridor. The Hampton Inn had comparable service and amenities, and was quite clean, but they've got an exterior corridor and still allow smoking in some rooms. This is the only hotel we've consistently stayed at in West Augusta, and the only one I'd recommend for anyone who's sensitive to tobacco smoke.
Tip: they sometimes have a discount code on the special offers page at AugustaGA.org

Room Tip: All rooms have a kitchenette plus a sleeper sofa. I prefer the double queen rooms, we've comfor...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
Mumbai, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 November 2011

We stayed here along with family and friends for a family wedding in down town Augusta. It has a very convenient location with 24/7 gas station and Wendy's next door. The rooms are quite big and the amenities are decent. The staff are very friendly and hospitable. Breakfast is adequate but gets repetitive after two days. Tea/coffee served 24/7 in the dining lounge. The only draw back is there is a Pet store in the rear, so it can get nosiy in the night with some of the dogs howling away. Better to get rooms out at the front.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Atlanta, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2011

My mom, sister and niece checked in the Comfort Suites for one night (Saturday). We had a quick check in with Robyn. She was very pleasant and made a solid recommendation for dinner (Pickles).

We had room 212 that was spacious with two queen beds. It had a small refrigerator, microwave, and sitting area. But don't stay in 212 or any even number room on this side of the hotel if you're not a heavy sleeper. We learned at 7am in the morning that there was a pet resort in the alleyway across from our room. There was a dog that barked all morning long. My mother was the closest to the window but slept like a baby and didn't hear the dog at all. This was not the case with me, my sister and niece.

A continental breakfast was included in the rate but they served eggs, sausage, and had a waffle-maker for you to make your own. I didn't have breakfast (still a little tight about the barking and we were put in that room in the first place). However my mom and sister said it was good and a little more than your typical continental breakfast.

Honestly I'm sure if we had a room across the hall, this review would be completely different. Oh well....

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family