“Mixed Emotions”

Ranked #4 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Georgia
“Mixed Emotions”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

I stayed at this hotel for eleven consecutive nights. My decision to stay at this particular establishment was based onthe recommendations of this web site. Having read the issues with the dog kennel next door, I requested a room on the opposite side of the building. I had no noise from dogs.

The desk staff is great. Desk clerks, housekeeping and breakfast cook all were courteous. The room was comfortable with standard, but not outstanding ammenities. I made a point to tip housekkeping everyday to ensure I would receive good care. This is one area in which I was disappointed. Perhaps it was due to the fact that I stayed so many consecutive days, and it may not be an issue if you are just staying one or two nights, but housekeeping was just not up to my standards. The bed was made, often in a sloppy manner, but made none the less. Every day there was something lacking: a fresh bag for ice, trash can liner, shampoo/conditioner, bath mat. . . always something. My biggest issue with housekeeping was that the place as never dusted, or vacuumed, nor was the bathtub washed the entire eleven nights I stayed there. Maybe it is their policy to just do those things at checkout, but eleven days is too long to wait.

My next issue is the amount of tradesmen that frequent this establishment. Lots of tradesmen arrived with big trucks pulling trailers and took up six to nine parking places each. With several tradesmen checked in at the same time, this created a parking shortage at the hotel, but no one seemed to care, regardless of the fact that I mentioned it to two of the desk clerks.

The final issue I would address would be the fact that some of the tradesmen would leave their doors propped open while they socialized. This created a lot of noise in the hallways. It was after midnight one night when their voices were so loud I just couldn't tune it out and had to call the front desk. A clerk personally went to the room to inform them of the noise caused by leaving their door open, and it was resolved, but that is just the sort of clientele that frequent this location.

This has caused me to question the rating system of Trip Advisors. This was rated the best place in Augusta. I just have to disagree with that rating. There had got to be someplace better.

Room Tip: Select room opposite dog kennel and not on the ground floor. Stay away from the elevators too.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank HuntingdonGal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Chicago
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Check-in was fast and easy, room was clean and large. I arrived late and fell asleep immediately. However I woke up around 6am because of laud barking! The dogs in the building right next to the hotel (pet resort) bark pretty much non-stop. I stayed there for three nights and was listening to barking every single morning....Would never stay there again. If you absolutely have to stay in this hotel make sure you choose the room at the right side.

Room Tip: not next the the pet resort!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank NickolasChicago
USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2012

I was a chaperone for a youth sporting group (HS'ers) in Augusta, GA this February. I decided to book with Comfort Suites after reading the many wonderful reviews and also since they had 2 queens sized beds and pull out sofa in each room. I was not disappointed. The staff is excellent. We always had what we needed or asked if there was something we did need. Beds were excellent, bathrooms clean and modern..Good Breakfast..Hotel is very clean. I was not disappointed in any aspect of my stay with them .I will be recommended it again for next years chaperones.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank sjmiranda
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2012

Due to business, I stay in Augusta about 50 nights a year, and have stayed regularly in about six different hotels in the area over the last decade. I have found the Comforts Suites property on Riverwest Pkwy provides the best overall value when considering room furnishings, cleanliness, breakfast buffet, room cost and managerial responsiveness to needs. They have several top-notch front desk workers that are knowledgeable, friendly and professional. One of their more recent additions is Julie Morrow, who always remembers my name, even when I don't have a reservation. I've never had a bad experience at this property. The hotel is about 3 or 4 years old, but is maintained very well.

Room Tip: The only complaint I have is that there is a dog kennel on one side of the hotel, so I always ask to...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Bob S
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
My colleagues and I thrilled that we have gain you as a loyal guest, thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor. I was delighted to read to positive comments about our team ,wonderful hotel and all the services we provide, this defiantly not a typical Comfort Suites. Hopefully you will continue to return and enjoy the transformation that will always exceed your expectations I am sure we all agree that our colleagues are our “best attribute” and we are extremely proud of them. I do want to express my sincere appreciation for you for noticing our team and their efforts in making our hotel the best in this area. Your kind observations are very much appreciated. We look forward to your return and thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with TripAdvisor. We look forward to having you back.

Sincerly,
Kelsey Long
Grovetown, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

I was greeted by name upon arrival. My room was large and very clean. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. I was very impressed with the overall stay,and will be returning everytime i come back to Augusta.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jerry B
Florida Panhandle, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2012

The Comfort Inn in Augusta is clean, comfortable, and a short driving distance from numerous restaurants such as Bonefish Grill, Outback, etc. It is very convenient to exit 200 from interstate 20.

The reservation was handled efficiently and when checking in, the hotel clerk was friendly and knowledgeable. The room itself was spacious, clean and came with a large HD TV.

The beds were comfortable, the air conditioning worked great and was relatively quiet. It is also a nonsmoking hotel which is a big plus.

We asked for a quiet room. It was--until about 4 AM. The building next door is for sale or rent. It appears to be a warehouse of some sort. They have guard dogs. About 4 AM they started barking. They didn't bark until 8 AM but every 15 minutes or so they would start up. One sounded like a beagle and one other sounded like a large dog such as Doberman.

I love hearing a beagle tracking a rabbit in the woods. It isn't nearly as amusing in the very early morning hours.

In short, we got about 6 hours of sleep instead of 8. Perhaps not the fault of the hotel but, if you decide to stay, be sure to get on a side away from the barking dogs if you intend to sleep through the night.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Woodstock
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2012

We spent just one night here after a long, hard day driving and loading and unloading a large moving trailer. We were given an excellent rate and the room was spotless and roomy. The staff was very friendly; the manager, upon seeing our exhaustion, made a couple of recommendations of local restaurants that deliver so we had a very good pizza and fresh salad delivered. The clerk at the desk gave us all the plates, etc. that we needed to eat comfortably in the room. We were in an even numbered room and our window looked out on the Pet Resort next door. There was a large dog barking in the very early evening, but the barking stopped before we went to bed, so it did not disturb our rest. Breakfast was typical hotel continental breakfast fare. All in all a very nice stay. We will definitely stay here again the next time we come thru Augusta.

Room Tip: Choose an odd numbered room to be on the opposite side of the pet resort.
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple