“Good choice for hotel in Augusta, GA”
Review of Comfort Suites

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 18 September 2012

We recently had a wedding in Augusta, GA and the Comfort Suites accomodated 23 room for our out of town families and guest. The front service desk staff (Kelsey Long, Mallory Coody, and Tonya Dockins) were very pleasant, helpful and even tried to get us all on the same floor. It was nice to be able to use the lobby and TV rooom to visit with family and friends when we got back to the hotel after the wedding. We liked having access to a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The lady cooking food for the continental breakfast was very accomodating also. Thank you for an enjoyable visit.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt welcomed by our staff. We strive to ensure our guests feel right at home with us and we are so glad you found your room to be comfortable and pleasant. We hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in Augusta. Thank you for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our hotel with TripAdvisor. I am appreciative for your fantastic response. I would like to emphasis that we endeavor to ensure every guest of our hotel and our restaurant leaves with a positive, lasting impression. I hope you will allow my colleagues and I at the Comfort Suites of Augusta, Georgia more opportunity’s to create great experience for you in the near future. The team at this hotel has the most wonderful attitude and commitment to great service, thank you for noticing their efforts. Thank you again for taking the time to share this valuable feedback. We would love to welcome you back again soon, have great week.

Reviewed 4 September 2012

My stay was pleasant, the rooms were clean an the beds were comfortable. Mallory at the frontdesk was very helpful, an also the room attendant chevone was very helpful and prompt with getting me the extra admenities i required. The breakfast was'nt all that great but then again im a picky eater., over all *GREAT STAY*

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our hotel with TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your wonderful response about the Comfort Suites. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with our team, and felt welcomed by the staff especially the front office team, what a great team, and thank you for noticing their efforts. We really appreciate all the nice comments and will be sure to share this with my colleagues. “Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer”. All the departments and every individual in this hotel have the most wonderful attitude and commitment to excellence. Thank you for staying with us.

Reviewed 15 August 2012

The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. Rooms were clean. Great place to stay. The location was close to fuel, food and Interstate. I spend at least 3 nights away from home per week and found beds to be very comfortable. Work space more than adequate.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business

I want to thank you for your valuable time you spent in writing this wonderful feed back. We are grateful and thankful for your response. “The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you first find yourself.” The team understands that very much. I was delighted to read your great feedback. Thank you, I am so thankful for my colleagues for their efforts to deliver the great experiences to all of our guests, the since of ownership in our team what makes us what we are. Hopefully you will continue to return and enjoy the Comfort Suites. We look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 8 August 2012

We were visiting Augusta for a family reunion. We didn't like the hotel reserved by reunion folks so we looked for a hotel that was nearby and nicer. The hotel staff were pleasant and helpful, which really sets the tone. The rooms were cleans and the beds comfortable. We weren't crazy about the food but that's probably because they didn't have a restaurant of hot foods (i.e., bacon, grits, oatmeal, eggs, etc.).

The hotel is near the freeway but we didn't hear any noise. Across the street is a convenience store, Wendys, and a gas station. This is a good hotel if you need to hop on/off I-20. I would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our Comfort Suites with TripAdvisor. Your great review of your recent visit with us is definitely our "treat". It means so much to all of us to know that we made occasion even more special and your comments are very much appreciated by all of us at Comfort Suites of Augusta. I hope you will return soon and often and be sure to make time to enjoy our fabulous Hotel. We all in every department strive to ensure our guests feel right at home with us and we are so glad you found your room to be comfortable and pleasant. We hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in Augusta. Thank you!

Reviewed 2 August 2012

We arrived in the early evening to a regular ritual of free wine and beer and nachos and cheese and beef . It was just what we needed and Mallory, the desk agent, was warm and friendly making sure we felt at home . The room was nice and the beds were comfortable .Breakfast was fine in the morning and we felt it was a good value to stay there ! Once again , we discovered it via our TA partners whose experiences were mostly very positive . It was strange that the person the next morning had trouble giving us directions to Augusta National given its fame; a little education for the employees would quickly take care of that. . It was unfortunate that there was little to see anyway as you cannot access the course except during the practice rounds and the actual tournament . We almost missed where the gate was as it is not marked by a big sign or in anyway dramatically . Wasn't even worth taking a picture ! If you are passing through Augusta , this Comfort Inn is worthy of your investment for the evening !

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to review and post your comment with TripAdvisor. We are beyond thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us!. The guest rooms were redesigned to feel like a cozy, modern residence and it seems like you felt right at home. We pride ourselves on our location and I think you described it perfectly. I strongly believe that our team, specially, Mallory has the burning desire to be successful. I appreciate the candor and feedback as this truly allows our team to see a perspective from our guest's view--and that makes us better in the long run for sure. I am thrilled that my colleagues provided great food and great service for you during your stay. The team and I delighted for making your stay in our wonderful hotel pleasant. Thank you again and looking forward to see you soon have great week.

Reviewed 2 August 2012

The hotel is close to the freeway and a gas station. That's it, and the few things worth seeing in Augusta is in driving distance. The room wasn't that big, and the sleeping sofa was really not suitable for sleeping. But they rarely are, I guess.
The staff was service minded alright, but it really irritates me, when I ask for the Augusta National Golf Club, and the young woman behind the desk does not know, what I am talking about. I mean: This dump of a city (sorry Augusta, but it is), just about in the middle of no where has one thing going: The most famous gold course in the world. And the reception lady never heard of it. Find another job. Please.
The complementary breakfast is nothing special, but as you know: It is much better than none at all.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family

After reading your review, you might imagine how disappointed I am to learn about the issues you experienced on your recent visit with us. They certainly are not reflective of the Comfort Suites level of service for which we are known and I assure you that this was a highly exceptional situation. You are correct about our employees, all though some which are new employees but that is no excuse and we are addressing the service issues as a valuable learning process.

I hope you will allow us another opportunity to show you the true Comfort Suites experience as we want to make up for your previous experiences.

Kelsey Long, General Manager

Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed here about a month ago. Thought I reviewed it but I could'nt find my review. It is worth posting again. I apologize if this is a duplicate. The hotel is one of the nicest Comfort Inn property I have stayed in. I spend between 100-120 nights a year on the road. The hotel was very clean, the breakfast was very good and clean The room was spotless and everyone was really accomadating and happy to help. I can't comment on the wi-fi as I didn't use it.Or the pool but it looked really nice. There is a train track across the road. It never bothered me I never heard it except one morning it ran around 5:30 or so but I was already awake. So you may want to get a room on the back side. Overall a great stay

Room Tip: I would get a room on the back side due to a train track on the front.