“Nice place”

Comfort Suites
Ranked #5 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
“Nice place”
Reviewed 4 November 2012 via mobile

Nice hotel. Staff are very friendly and helpful. Rooms are nice and large. Breakfast is your typical hotel breakfast (okay). The location appears to be a little off the main path but perfect for passing thru. I would stay again if passing thru. Got a better rate on their direct website rather than a travel site.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Grumblebea
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your view about your recent stay at Our Comfort Suites of Augusta. We are delighted that you enjoyed the accommodations and the service from our staff. We sincerely appreciate your Feedback in all aspect of your stay. The food and beverage department have done an outstanding changes to improve all feature of the operation. So I apoligize it fell below your excepectations. We are working deligently to improve our breakfast. We worked extremely in bringing our staff guidance and enthusiasm to meet and go further than our guest’s expectancy. I am very proud of our staff. Thank you for your time. We hope to see you again in the future!

Kelsey Long

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (116)
Jackson, Mississippi
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Customer service was great. Easy check-in and check-out.
Bottled water and snacks always available. To-go bag came in handy for us upon check-out on Sunday as we didn't have time to wait for the 7:00am breakfast.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 12345gran
Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our hotel with TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your wonderful response. We are thrilled to hear you are enjoying your stay with our team, and felt welcomed. We are grateful for your wonderful feedback about our rooms and outstanding team, we strive to ensure our guests feel right at home with us and we are so glad you found our team, service and rooms to be accommodating. I hope you will continue to allow my colleagues and I the opportunity to create an indelible memory for you in the future. We really appreciate all the nice comments and will be sure to share this with my colleague. “Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer”. We looking forward to your arrival, have great week.

Columbia, Tennessee
Reviewed 26 October 2012

There is a kennel in the building next door, adjacent to the even numbered rooms (which I had). The outside cages are literally 50-60 feet from the hotel. Every morning the kennel employees release the hounds and the non-stop barking begins. NO WAY POSSIBLE to sleep beyond 6:00 AM. The barking is amplified as it resonates between the walls of the two buildings.

The dog problem is very unfortunate. Otherwise this is an awesome hotel with friendly staff, clean rooms, comfy beds, and very quiet prior to release of the dogs. Location and sleep quailty scores are low due to the dog issue.

One other note....the attire of the front desk clerk at check-out was not very professional. Low-cut dress exposed multiple tattoos that I didn't need, or want to see.

Room Tip: If you do stay here request a room on the odd number side away from the dogs.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 28 October 2012
Thank you very much for sharing your comments on our hotel with TripAdvisor. We are grateful and thankful for your response .We are very disappointed to hear about your recent stay with us. We have paid special attention to your comments about the front desk attire and immediate action will be taken. We would love to invite you to stay again complementary so we can show you the real Comfort Suites. Please contact me directly the next time you are in Augusta. I assure you the issues that you mentioned will be addressed immediately. Thank you again for your wonderful feedback. Hearing from guests like you only can make the team stronger and more attentive. We cannot apologize enough for all the issues and concerns that you indicated. Again, we offer our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences you experienced while staying with us and we are working to ensure these issues will be resolved.

Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I stopped at this Comfort Suites because it was as far as i could drive that night - trying to get to my elderly mother in Alabama. Kelsey, Mallory, and Julie know customer service and responded to my stressful situation with professional grace. My room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. The location is secure and near a gas station. There is also a Costco at this exit but few other commercial businesses. The morning coffee was hot and the staff friendly. I made it to AL and all went well. Thanks!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our hotel with TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your wonderful response about the Comfort Suites. We are thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with our team, and felt welcomed by the staff especially Kelsey, Julie and Mallory, what a great team! Thank you for noticing their efforts. We really appreciate all the nice comments and will be sure to share this with my Employees. “Excellence is the unlimited ability to improve the quality of what you have to offer”. All the departments and every individual in this hotel have the most wonderful attitude and commitment to excellence. Thank you for staying with us.

Sincerly
dawsonville
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Will stay at this property when in Augusta. First time but not last. Employees very professional and friendly(GM Kelsey & Mallory). Rooms big and CLEAN. Location is next to I-20 and easy to access.
Usually stay at different property but not anymore.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
We are humbled by your great comments and your views of Comfort Suites. Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback of Comfort Suites with TripAdvisor.. We are grateful for your wonderful feedback about our rooms and outstanding team, we strive to ensure our guests feels right at home with us and we are so pleased you found our team, service and rooms to be accommodating. I hope you will continue to allow my colleagues and I the opportunity to create an incredible Hotel stay for you in Comfort Suites in the future. The team at this hotel has found the goal service and wonderful outlook and dedication to deliver excellence, thank you for noticing their efforts. I know all my colleagues join me in looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Nahsville TN
Reviewed 22 October 2012

Had to make an unexpected trip to Augusta, GA and randomly selected the Comfort Suites off 1-20 before one crosses the state line in South Carolina ( River Watch exit).

Great choice! We were checked in by jleftrga579. She was warm and welcoming which was a relief after a 7 hour drive from Nashville.

The two morings were made more enjoyable because of Cindy. She checked with all the guests as they dined and kept the conversation friendly and warm. What a wonderful comination. Everything was spotless - which i loved.

As we checked out the clerk - Julie Mallory - thanked us for chosing the Comfort Suites and wished us safe return journey. While it may seem that this is jsut par for the course (this is the home of the Masters), it did not feel rehearsed or insincere. It felt like real. What more can you ask for in a unexpected road trip?

I highly recommend you stay here. The staff and services were great.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 24 October 2012
We are humbled by your great comments and your views of the Comfort Suites. Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our Comfort Suites with TripAdvisor.. We are grateful for your wonderful feedback about our rooms and outstanding team, we strive to ensure our guests feels right at home with us and we are so pleased you found our team, food, service and rooms to be accommodating. I hope you will continue to allow my colleagues and I the opportunity to create an incredible hotel stay for you in our Comfort Suites in the future.

“Putting on the same jerseys doesn’t make a team. You’re still just a collection of individuals until you find a common goal.” The team at this hotel has found the goal service and wonderful outlook and dedication to deliver excellence, thank you for noticing their efforts. I know all my colleagues join me in looking forward to welcoming you back again.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 12 October 2012

I have stayed at this location 6 times and will continue to make this my home away from home. It's clean, spacious and the people are well manored. They have a great attitude, are responsive to my needs and are always smiling. The GM Kelsey is always asking what can be done to make my stay more enjoyable; Cindy in the breakfast room is the best! Mallory always has a smile on her face; Keisna (relatively new, but seemed as though she knew her way around) recently helped me upgrade my room; Julie is very polite and always looking to help.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
KelseyL, General Manager at Comfort Suites, responded to this review, 19 October 2012
Thank you for these wonderful comments and for taking the time to share this valuable feedback on our Comfort Suites with TripAdvisor readers who, like us, rely so much on valuable feedback such as yours. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and felt welcomed by our staff. All of us, in every department, strive to ensure our guests feel right at home with us and we are so glad you found your room to be comfortable and pleasant. We hope that you will stay with us again next time you are in Augusta. I would like to emphasis that we endeavor to ensure every guest of our hotel receives an everlasting impression. I hope you will allow my colleagues and I at the Comfort Suites, more opportunity’s to create great experience for you in the near future. The team, at this hotel, has the most wonderful attitude and commitment to great service, thank you for noticing their efforts.