Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel & Conference Center
  • Pool
Deluxe Inn(North Augusta)
  • Fitness centre
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

Wow just when I thought that Ramada couldn't lower its standards any more, they surely bottomed out with this "tower of terror" hotel. Smelly, dirty, old, run down, and unsafe. This building needs to be gutted. I got tricked into staying here but the alternative was a roach infested Ramada Limited down on Gordon Hwy. just driving into the parking lot had me hitting Orbitz for an alternative. I should've checked the reviews but had to make a quick decision. Service was okay but my first room was a bust so the front desk rep put me in another room. A little better. The TV was made in the 80s. Phone from the 70s. Bathroom tile from the 50s and decor from Big Lots. No place to plug in devices. No Internet. No security. Park at your own risk! Bring plenty of Clorox wipes for all the door knobs and other places your hands will touch. No hotel bookbin the room either. Thanks AFCEA for the conf in Augusta. I am sure the people staying in the Marriott are sleeping comfortably.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank kellandrich
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We had a hard time finding a hotel in the downtown Augusta area as many were sold out due to a Convention and Expo in town. I felt very fortunate to get a reservation at this hotel.
When we arrived, the Parking Lot was bare. Seriously, there were only 2 cars and 1 of them was my own. We grabbed our things and headed inside. We were the only ones in the main lobby. Seemed weird, so I asked the clerk about not seeing many people or cars in the lot. He stated that there were 2 buses full of people that had just left for dinner. He had a slight smile when he said this, so I pushed a little. He finally told me that he was just joking and there were no buses. (I guess he was just embarrassed to admit that they had no occupancy).
I asked if they had a lounge as I wanted a drink after coming off the road. He said yes, but it was closed. Apparently only open on the weekend??
We headed to our room and there it was...the standard. The lighting was poor at best and just felt "dingy". We through our things down and went to grab some ice. You know the rest of the story...Machine didn't work, ride elevator and go to front desk, directed to another floor, ride elevator again, etc....
The entire weekend we saw very little foot traffic in the lobby. No more than 10 people the whole weekend!!! And the expo was simply 3 blocks away.

It's obviious we didn't get the memo to stay away. Maybe you will.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
3  Thank David P
Reviewed 16 May 2013

My wife and I stayed here recently and had a wonderful time. This hotel is in a great location and has a friendly staff. The lobby is nicely decorated and furnished. Arthur at the front desk was the most polite and courteous front desk attendant I have ever encountered. While we did not use the indoor pool on this trip we did view it and it was very clean as was the expansive atrium where it is located. Our room was large, very clean and had a beautiful view of downtown Augusta and Broad Street. Everywere we wanted to go was within easy walking distance so once we parked we did not move our car again until we checked out. My wife and I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Oliver G
Reviewed 7 May 2013

The "music" (e.g. drum beats) from the "lounge" on the top of the hotel vibrated into my room and the "band" was still going at 3AM when I was there on a Friday night....can't tell you about Saturday because I moved to another hotel. After repeated attempts, including when I checked out, I have yet to receive a credit for the night when I got very little sleep. The manager has refused to return my calls.
I assume that the owner of the hotel is trying to make up for his terrible occupancy rate by operating a night club to generate some income - which just further diminishes his hotel.
I am a supporter of "downtown" hotel but feel like I made a bad mistake on this one.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 May 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at this hotel while celebrating a special birthday! We were overly impressed by the courteous and gracious owner and staff. The epitome of southern hospitality! We were made to feel like royalty. Whatever we needed, they delivered! We are repeat visitors to this property. We have always been pleased with our stay. It is in an extremely convenient section of Broad Street. Many wonderful restaurants and event venues are located within walking distance. We have plans to schedule future visits, fun weekend get-always and parties in the future! Must check out!! You will be glad you did!!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple