“Not again, if I can help it”

Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #55 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Waterloo, Canada
“Not again, if I can help it”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Went to the Masters this year and this is the only hotel that had rooms available. I can see why. Not a bad location, but the rooms needed updating 10 years ago or more. Not very clean, and smelled of smoke. I am not kidding when I say a train goes by every 45 mins, all night long. . Bring ear-plugs. They jacked up the price at Masters week to $400. Wouldn't go back if I can help it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Hoover, Al, United States
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Various lack of maintenance include a bedskirt that was torn about 3 feet and hanging on the floor...someone's washcloth hanging in the shower...an artificial plant in the corner with half of its leaves sitting on top of the pot...a TV cabinet with doors that open only 90 degrees, so the TV can only be viewed from the center of the bed...the TV cabinet door blocks the small space between the bed making it hard to move around the room without closing the doors....places where the shower walls were molded. Very disappointed. This part of Augusta has really deteriorated since our visit 8 years ago....Several girlie strip joints across the street. Would not return to downtown Augusta.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Ramada

Savannah
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I recently surprised my family with a surprise visit home,for my niece graduating class of 2014. i mapquest the the James Brown Arena and found this hotel the rate seemed reasonable and location convient taking note the lack of lodgeing options close to the arena. I called the hotel to confirm my reservations before my arrival, the desk clerk was very informative, i was flying in without a rental car, so i was feeling skeptical about being bored but to my surprise the nickname is The Garden City ithought that was interesting the area surrounding the hotel was mostly full of artist shops from painting to creative artwork shops and some neat restaurants and bars. if i ever came fir a concert i would definitely stay again this is a sightseeing bonanza

• Stayed June 2014
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I chose the downtown Augusta Ramada in early June 2014. In short, Excellent accommodations and service. The representative named Phyllis had everything ready. She was courteous and it was clear that her professionalism demonstrated an interest in my business. My surname is hard to pronounce. Ms. Phyllis was spot-on. Check in was quick (I was tired after the drive!). The room was cool (temperature-wise -- we're talking Augusta in June!!), clean, and smelled clean. I had the munchies. Phyllis, the representative, knows her town, and directed me to a great place. Housekeeping did a great job, too. This Ramada is close to the business I had, easy to get to and leave from the major highway. Checkout - smooth. Over-all a great experience as I travel someplace 150 days a year. A big tip of the hat to Phyllis and the team there. I will stay here again.

Room Tip: Get a room facing east - nice view when the sun comes up.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank James M
Dalton, Georgia
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Booked a one night stay at hotel in order to attend an event at Imperial Theater one block away. Hotel is very convenient to downtown. That is all I can say good about this hotel. We arrived at 2PM in order to check in and have some time to relax and enjoy the downtown shops. In the course of the next 2 hours they had to move us to 4 different rooms because there was no air conditioning in the rooms. On two of the floors there was no air conditioning in the hallways or rooms. Probably about 90+ degrees in those areas. After moving throughout the hotel my observation saw no other guests which should have been a clue. The desk clerk just told us it would take some time for the rooms to cool but I knew that would not happen because the air coming out of the old fashion air conditioner was not cool. Once we settled in our last room we turned on the TV and it did not work. Well after 4 hours our nice relaxing afternoon was over and time to dress for our event. Very difficult dressing in a room that was still about 90 degrees and putting on dress clothes and makeup in sweaty conditions was impossible. We attended our event and returned to our room 3 hours later. Room still hot. We packed up and checked out and drove to our home 4 hrs away. Would rather drive almost all night instead of struggling through a night at a hotel that needs to close. Not a suitable hotel for guests. For a hotel with such a fantastic location it is in need for immediate renovation or closure!!!

Room Tip: Can not suggest a good room because after moving to 4 rooms there was not 1 acceptable
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Augusta hotels

Akron, Ohio
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Me and some friends recently had a girls night out and decided to be in the downtown area because of all the great bars in the area, never been in this ramada but it turned out to be a lot nicer than we expected, our room was on the tenth floor and it had a great corner room with a dual view one looking down broad st and another looking over the savannah river with a view of a row or gorgeous mansions along the river with nice docks and some with boat, we had a Great time very accessible to All of Downtown

• Stayed May 2014