“RAMADA INN AND CONVENTION CENTER AUGUSTA, GA, THE WORST STAY OF MY TRAVEL LIFE!!”

Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel & Conference Center
Ranked #57 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Ramada Inn and convention center in downtown Augusta Ga I believe, is the worst hotel on the planet! When we arrived there were several problems immediately before we checked in and when we tried to talk with the front desk the worthless managers would not even come to the front desk to discuss our problems. The absolute worst mother/daughter wait staff in the restaurant who were rude to my 7 YEAR OLD FOR ASKING FOR SOMETHING TO DRINK. After many many many calls to the hotel and even up the corporate chain, I was finally told that if i didn't like it then I should dispute the charges on my credit card and was told, and I quote, we aint giving anything back"
Search Ramada reviews and you will see
Please post this on all social media, its happening to to many good people, we all need to come together and be a voice
FYI, this is the first time that I have ever posted anything!

Room Tip: Holiday in and express in east Louisville, KY 3711 Chamberlain Lane was superb, great friendly staff...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank Steve C
There are newer reviews for Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel & Conference Center

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel should be sold by Ramada and leveled to a pay parking lot. There were no redeeming qualities about this facility. The entire building smelt of smoke - the room, the hallways, including the elevator.
The AC machine in the room spewed forth the cold stench of mold and mildew and it took me an entire to cough out the discomfort in my throat. The best part of this experience is that I was able to cancel a second nights stay!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Pat B, Manager at Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Wow! I'm not exactly sure how we could have made anyone annoyed enough to call us squalid, but we certainly do apologize. That is a pretty strong word. I have been on this property for better than 36 years and have seen many of the world's most renouned golfers, Miss America, and world famous entertainers stay at this property with no complaints. In fact, Jack Nicklaus stayed here so many times, that our Penthouse Suite is named for him.
Out of 200 rooms we only have 15 smoking rooms all of which are located on the same floor. We have not had any other complaints regarding smoke all over the hotel.
Our executive housekeeper spoke to this guest who was nice enough to compliment us on many other issues. We look forward to meeting this guest in person on a return visit.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

The hotel staff was friendly. The bed was comfortable. The hotel looks like it was last remolded in the 80s or 90s. There is a night club on the top floor. It's a little loud and can be heard on the 10th floor.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Honestly, there appear to be much worse hotels/motels in Augusta, but I would still not stay here again. If you visit during a time and find that all of the local hotels are sold out, just stay in Aiken and commute instead of staying here.

I pulled up at the hotel and had some fast food trash I needed to dispose of. I couldn't because the trashcans outside of the hotel were so full that people had begun sitting trash ON TOP of the trashcans. (I'll include a picture.) I went to the front desk to check in (front desk staff was courteous) and noticed that there was a "different smell" to the hotel. Anyway, after I checked in I took my luggage to my room and it was hard to roll my luggage off of the elevator because the elevator shaft must be off. When the doors opened, the floor of the hotel was about an inch higher than the floor of the elevator.

Well, after getting to my room, I decided to shower. I turned the water on and it was brown. (I'll attach the photo.) I showered in a friend's room, got dressed and went downstairs and told them what was going on. They assured me that it would be fixed by the time I returned to the hotel.

That night, I laid across the bed and felt something strange on the blanket. Turns out, the blanket had been ripped and apparently they tried to keep it together with a hot glue gun. Also, the room reaked of smoke. Apparently, this hotel still has smoking rooms.

Ok...so, remember the brown water in the shower? I get up the next day, turn on the water and it starts spitting dirt into the tub (I'll attach a photo of that too.) I go back downstairs and they insist that they can't move me because the hotel is sold out, but eventually moved me into a "no-show's room."

That room was much better. Not great, but much better. Updated furniture, new blankets, etc.

I'm actually going back to Augusta this weekend, I'm staying at a different chain. If you are traveling for a major event, the hotels will sell out early. Be sure to book in advance so that you can avoid a place like this.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Pat B, Manager at Ramada Augusta Downtown Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Our intent is never to fail a guest in anyway, however we are all human and do make mistakes along the way.
We have been sold out for a couple of weeks for basketball tournaments in the area. Guest rooms have been filled with predominately 4 teenagers per room. Anyone who has teenagers know that with eating fast foods and lots of snacks, they create an unsual amount of trash. Our houseman did empty outside recepticals every couple of hours,however we did not have 24 hour trash removal service .If the guest had brought her trash in, we would have happily disposed of it for her. Our thanks for complimenting our courteous front desk staff..
As for the 30 seconds of brown water, the city had just experienced a break in the water main, which will cause a few seconds of brown water. I do understand that it can be troubling if the cause is unknown. Our executive housekeeper and maintanence engineer went to the room after the report of brown water,to correct it, however when they ran the water, they found no trace of discoloration in it.
We checked the blankets and found nothing unusual on the blankets. We did however check the coverlets and did find a spot that had been repaired with hemming tape, which is a product recommended in the industry for this purpose.
We do apologize for the inconvenience incurred and hope this guest will return and give us an opportunity to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 14 July 2014

I'm afraid this looks like an early 80's throwback. No real attention to detail as you'll see from the photo.

The rail in the elevator is broken and potentially dangerous but no sign of it being sorted out anytime soon.

The pool is one you can dip in but not swim. The surrounding aea was littered with leaves from the indoor trees and you have to get changed in the next door toilets which have no shower or changing area in. this means anyone using the pool probably gets in dirty - yak!

The rooms were comfortable enough, but I spent 10 minutes on my hands and knees trying to plug in the lights - how anyone had been able to clean the room in such darkness is beyond me. Bizarrely you could see a cable running haphazardly underneath the carpet from one side to the other. it looked like a very bad DIY job.

The air conditioning unit is in the room itself and very noisy so you either have to put up with the noise or swelter in the heat. Either way you can't really get a great night's sleep.

Breakfast was strange. Quite a lot of things on the menu were in fact not available. There was no hint of an apology from the lone waitress at the lack of choice. What food was available was OK. Again the breakfast area looked very outdated.

The biggest surprise came on saturday morning when there was no breakfast available at all. This had not been mentioned by the otherwise friendly reception staff and was all the more galling as we had paid a breakfast incuded rate through our business travel agency. We even had to ring our agency to insist to the hotel reception staff that our bill was pre-paid.

All in all a pretty bad reflection on Augusta and the Ramada chain. We certainly won't be staying here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2014

For a concert had a great time. everyone was nice and the hotel was great. I think the guys name was Arthur he was awesome.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Ramada
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed here after seeing a concert at the James Brown Arena. We arrived around 5 which was when everyone else arrived, so we waited in line for 45 minutes to check in. While we were waiting, the bartender (manager?) said to come back to the rooftop bar after the concert and he would stay open late for everyone.

The room was great especially for the price. It was very clean and pretty updated. Our room was right next to the elevator but I didn't hear any outside noise all night so that was good.

The hotel is just a short walk to the arena which is why we picked it.

The lobby is definitely stuck in the 90's but we didn't spend much time there.

They have a parking lot on site.

There were no vending machines on our floor.

After the concert we went to the rooftop bar to check it out. There was a bouncer asking for $5 to get in so we left. Kind of ridiculous to charge your guests to get into the bar to drink.

Overall it was a nice stay. I felt safe and the room was clean. It met our needs.

• Stayed: June 2014