“You can do much better in the area”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #33 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Southeast U.S.
“You can do much better in the area”
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We stayed here for one night while in town for an event, and one night was plenty. Although it was adequate for our purposes (all we did was sleep, shower, dress, and eat breakfast), it left a lot to be desired.

First of all, this is not a nice area. The hotel is sandwiched between a couple of other cheap hotels, and two doors down is some kind of sketchy-looking warehouse type business. We parked right next to the door and hustled inside after dark. If I'd known beforehand, I would have booked a room at one of the hotels two exits down the highway in the more commercial (instead of industrial) part of town.

Second, this is not a clean hotel. I took one look at the layer of dirt in the shower in our room and asked my husband where my flip-flops were packed. Our room also smelled bad. We never could put our finger on quite what the smell was, but it got worse when we turned on the a/c unit. It wasn't overwhelming, but it was definitely noticeable. Also, at breakfast the next morning, the counters had crud on them and the waffle iron looked like it hadn't been cleaned since the invention of waffles. I'm not particularly picky when it comes to cleanliness (I try to consider it from the perspective of "would I have been grossed out by this when I was still living in a college dorm?"), but this was too much even for me.

On the plus side, the shower had good water pressure, the room had a microwave, refrigerator, and hairdryer, and we didn't hear our neighbors (if we had any) at all. It was spacious enough, and the staff was adequate.

Overall, if we'd been staying for more than one night, we'd probably have left and found another hotel. I wouldn't recommend it, especially since there are literally dozens of other options within a couple of miles radius.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank JBE123

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Reviewed 11 September 2010

One of the best Comfort Suites we have stayed in. The beds with extra pillows were just right, and the front desk and service staff very friendly. We will definitely stay again.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled on business
Key West, Florida
Reviewed 12 August 2010

From the moment I walked into the lobby,I knew I was going to enjoy my stay. The lobby is very clean and the young lady at the front desk was friendly. She checked us into our rooms with no problems. When we went up to our rooms, there were clean and pleasently decorated. The beds were AMAZING! And my mother-in-law who is a total neat freak never complained once! We were up late that night and wanted to go swimming,but the pool closed at nine. We said something about it to the front desk (Heather) and she opened the pool so that we could relax. It made us feel special and welcome. The breakfast the next morning was good. The only complaint was that there wasn't alot of food and we wished they'd had yogurt. All around it was a GREAT experience. We will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 May 2010

Staff was not friendly and it seemed that even our checking in was an effort to them. When room was not cleaned the best that the staff could do was to provide new towels in the room. We were informed the room was not cleaned as we had left the do not disturb sign on the door. There in fact was a do not disturb sign on the door but it was removed when we left at 10 AM well before checkout time and there was no sign on the door when we returned to the room late in the afternoon. When pointed out to the general manager the next morning he only could say I don't know what happened. No concession was offered even though a sign in the room stated "We promise to make it right or you won't pay for that part of your stay".

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Georgia
Reviewed 23 May 2010

My Husband and I stayed at this Cofort in for 3 nights. The room was spacious and very clean. The bed was comfortable, although some people might find it a bit to high off the floor. We had a room with a whirlpool, and it was very nice to relax in. The hotel staff was wonderful, especially Nicole who takes care of the delicious breakfast offerings, and Heather, the evening front desk person. Nice quiet location that we will surely use again if in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank GatorfansinGA
UK
Reviewed 17 April 2010

Thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. The staff were fantastic. Breakfast was adequate. Complementary soft drinks all day was great. The rooms were spacious and spotless. The gym was small but useful. Will definitely stay here again if in the area!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Lincolnton
Reviewed 10 March 2010

The staff was friendly and very helpful. My room was clean and had a warm feeling. This is best Comfort Inn I have ever stayed in. I would recommend this hotel to all my family and friends.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family