Sunset Inn
Candlewood Suites Augusta(Augusta)(Great Value!)
US$103
US$96
ECCO Suites Augusta(Augusta)(Great Value!)
US$105
US$101
Comfort Suites(Augusta)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$91
US$123
US$119
Quality Inn Medical Center Area(Augusta)(Great Value!)
US$62
US$124
US$176
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsrooms are cleanwalking distancewashington roadflat screenmasters golfcomfortable bedplace to staygreat roomvisit augustachecking ineasy accessbusiness triphouse keepingconvenient locationexcellent customer serviceother hotelscontinental breakfast
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I have stayed in 1 star to 5 star hotels in the past year. I refused to pay the price of a 5 start hotel to stay at two different hotels that started with an H that are right next to and across the street from this hotel during Masters week. I paid 1/3 the price to stay at this motel. This motel is what it is; a low budget option for someone not concerned with luxuries. The towels are small, thin, and scratchy but they get the job done. The sheets looked new but were not super soft The mattress was decent and since we were super tired we got a decent night's sleep. Our room did smell like cigarette smoke even though it was a non-smoking room. The vanity had been updated with stone and a new and faucet. The room was clean with the exception of the blankets and stains on the carpet. Outside noise was minimal. Cooling system worked well. Shower worked welWould I stay here again? Yes, but only during the week of the Masters.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Sunset I, General Manager at Sunset Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2014

Thanks for taking the time to write this review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay, but would like for you to stay here for more than Master's! As you can see in the pictures we have underwent a renovation to our rooms with the works including free wi-fi. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 5 April 2012

Of course you overpay Masters week but the location is good, owners friendly, safe environment. Room smelled musty and AC was loud, towels puny. About what you'd expect; if you are looking for a place to crash for the day at the tourney and OK pace with Wild Wing across the street but you get what you pay for and you pay less here then most places. Doubt I'd return unless everywhere else was booked.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank SCDevsFan

I'm sorry the stay wasn't all you'd wish for; however, I'd like to point out that we have undergone a renovation and brought our rooms up to a higher standard. You're right that our location, staff and Master's rates are very competitive…and now we added rooms that rival many franchises. I hope you get the opportunity to give us another try and experience the new Sunset Inn!

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I have been staying here for about a month on business, out firm is currently using three rooms,having moved out of America's Best Value...This is a CLEAN hotel with numerous restaurants and shopping nearby. Owner is on site and VERY responsive! For a great, inexpensive hotel, THIS IS IT!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank sailboatguy22

Thanks for the glowing review! Since you last stayed here we have gone through a substantial renovation offering the quality of room you expect from the higher branded franchises, with the exception of the exorbitantly high rates. Hope to see you soon!

Reviewed 10 November 2011

I checked on a Monday 11/7/2011, on Wednesday I received a call from a co-worker who was about to check in. He stated that someone was painting a car parked next to my 2011 Escalade ESV. So I called the hotel and they stated that this is something they do all the time and it was PERFECTLY SAFE!!!! I left work and upon my arrival at the hotel, I looked over my vehicle and seen it was covered in gray primer paint. After confronting the manager he stated that the car wasn't being painted on the same side of the building, yet he couldn't EXPLAIN why there was paint all over the parking spot next to my vehicle. I asked to speak to the owner "Mr.Patel" and the owner informed me that he didn't wish to speak to me, for it wasn't his problem. Mr.Patel then called the police from his location and once the arrived he in turn showed up. I was escorted from the property w/o a refund and paint all over my vehicle. So BEWARE

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
6  Thank Will F
Reviewed 21 April 2010

Stayed at teh Sunset Inn for 2 nights during the Masters. The price was way high for what you got ($150 per night) but still only 7 minutes from Augusta National and at least 150 cheaper than anything else around. It is an older hotel with outside doors and honestly, absolutely nothing to look at....but....it is clean, comfortable beds, in a good location, and the guy at the desk is really helpful and friendly. Would I bring my wife and kids here to stay...well, no....but would I come back to stay especially during the Masters...Absolutely!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with family