“Friendly Staff, Clean, and Well Done”

Sheraton Augusta Hotel
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I arrived early and the staff jumped into action getting a room ready. It was clean and well done. I was late for house keeping two of the days and they still did a superb job. One night I was hungry and wanted something healthy and not on the menu…they made it anyway.

I would say for a roadside hotel in a military town, that is service. I give them five starts for stepping up to the plate.

Also, one of the bartenders (not the new one)…had a great pour. The new bar tender spent so much time measuring out the pour it was ridiculous and overly clinical. I almost downgraded the hotel for her performance. Someone grab her up and teach her service please.

I did downgrade the service to four stars, only because of her.

Room Tip: It feels a little roadside and hidden, but worth it. Keeps the rooms quiet. You can walk to Starbu...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Sheraton Augusta Hotel

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Augusta in order to attend a family function. The hotel was modern and very clean. The staff was friendly,happy and seemed very well trained. Food quality for both dinner and the following day lunch was good. The lobby was very comfortable and inviting for friends and family to visit..overall, a well managed hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here on Super Bowl night, travelling alone I heading downstairs to the bar to watch the game, there were not many people there but the barmaid called Rebekah kept chatting to me, food was excellent and compny was great. Room was very good- modern and spacious. Parking righ outside the front door.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 5 January 2014

Average at best. moderately clean, but noisy. Son moved to Augusta, so this was the first of many trips. Will look for another place and keep you posted.

Stayed two nights in Jan. Hotel was at low occupancy, but still was not able to sleep due to noise and temperature fluctuations.
Noise came from pipes or something in the walls whenever neighbor (or us) would turn on water, or when their AC/Heat would kick in. As you can imagine, this happened throughout the night. Once you get back to sleep, here it comes again.
As noted by others, walls are thin adding to the noise.

Weather was cold, but we still had to have the AC on. Temperatures would fluctuate significantly even though it has a digital thermostat. Got hot, then chilly. Not just me. - wife complained as well.

Bathroom door is a 'double door' which provides limited noise buffer and others in the room can see through the crack.

Light bulb was out.

Check in consisted of two words and two letters: "Credit Card, I.D." That was it. No 'Hello', nothing. Was representative of the staff.

Free internet.
Modern functional furniture.
High Def TV.
2 free water bottles.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight on my road trip. Hotel is really nice with a heated pool and fitness center. Loved both of those and the ample parking. Room was very clean and so was the bathroom. The front deal staff was very welcoming and greatly assured in all my requests. Will definitely stay here whenever I am in augusta.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 December 2013 via mobile

The rooms are clean and comfortable. Beds are great and bathrooms are well stocked. Starbucks coffee is available in the rooms. The staff is friendly and accommodating. My company had a buffet breakfast every morning and the food was less than good. This may or may not be indicative of the normal restaurant fare.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I tend to be loyal to Hiltons but my fiancé booked this hotel and I am glad he did. I stayed in the Hilton Garden Inn across the street in 2010 and the hotels are comparable (I am told they are owned by the same people). I am a gold member for both hotels. However, as a gold member at the Sheraton we had access to the 5th floor lounge. When we arrived the lounge had chips and a delicious warm cheese dip. There was also a fridge full of soda and water and a bowl of fruit. Very nice! The staff, especially the maids were very nice and accommodating. I asked for a late check out and had no problem getting it. I then got locked out of the room and had to ask for another extension and again- no problem. The workout room was also very modern and although I didn't use the pool- it looked very nice as well. The location is also great. Right off of I-20 and near plenty of chain restaurants and there is even a Kroger up the street. My only half complaint is that the rooms don't have refrigerators and I have medication that needs to be refrigerated. However, we called ahead and they placed a fridge in the room free of charge. This will be my hotel whenever I am in Augusta- it has it all, nice rooms, great staff and awesome location.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple