“Nice hotel - great deal”

Sheraton Augusta Hotel
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 8 May 2014

We were happy with our stay at the Sheraton Augusta. Our room was clean and well-decorated. The bed was very comfortable. We got a great deal, it was if you stay 3 night the first night is regular price then the next two nights you pay whatever your year of birth is. Mine is 62 so the second two nights were only 62. per night! The bar area is cozy with a fireplace, which was nice because it was cold rainy weather. The bartenders were so much fun we stayed there all night! I definitely would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jamie W, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so glad to hear that you had such a wonderful experience staying with us at our hotel. We strive to achieve exceptional guest experiences and it is great to hear that we are achieving this. It is wonderful that you got to use the amenities that our hotel has to offer, and I'm glad our bartenders kept you in good spirits despite the rain. We look forward to welcoming you again next time you come to Augusta.

Warm Regards,

Jamie Williams

There are newer reviews for Sheraton Augusta Hotel

Reviewed 11 April 2014

We stayed at the Sheraton for the Masters. The hotel is located on Washington Road and has a shuttle to the course. The bar and restaurant are fine, and our room was nice. We were a little disappointed the club room wasn't open while we were there, and they didn't offer the social hour, where they offer wine tasting, but I guess the demand for everything is too great Masters week. The people working at the hotel were great. You couldn't ask for nicer folks or better service.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jamie W, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We strive to offer the best customer service and I am so happy to hear that we are achieving those goals. I want to apologize for the our Club Lounge as well as our Sheraton Social Hour Program not functioning this week. Unfortunately due to the high number of rooms being reserved through third party Masters vendors, the availability for the services were just not present. If your travels bring you back to Augusta we look forward to greeting you again.

Reviewed 29 March 2014

My experience at the Sheraton was a nightmare. First the hotel it self is nasty. The carpets and furniture are dirty and worn out. We ordered room service and we're charged gratuity twice plus a room service fee for an item we forgot to place on our original order. Bikers and prostitutes were walking/yelling all night in the halls. Seriously! Nothing was done when we complained. After not being able to sleep all night housekeeping woke up at 9:30 am. But the best is I was charged a $200 smoking clean up fee for an empty pack of cigarettes that were left on the dresser. This is by far
the worst hotel I've stayed. at.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank lauretta334
Reviewed 29 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel was clean , friendly, great facilities. Location was okay. Nice bar and restaurant area. Would highly recommend. The pool and workout room were great. Only about 5-10 minutes from the Masters course. Not many good restaurants nearby

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Thank you so much for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am so happy to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay. We do take pride in the amenities that we offer and we are glad that they are exceeding your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you again next time your travels bring you to Augusta.

Reviewed 21 March 2014

I arrived early and the staff jumped into action getting a room ready. It was clean and well done. I was late for house keeping two of the days and they still did a superb job. One night I was hungry and wanted something healthy and not on the menu…they made it anyway.

I would say for a roadside hotel in a military town, that is service. I give them five starts for stepping up to the plate.

Also, one of the bartenders (not the new one)…had a great pour. The new bar tender spent so much time measuring out the pour it was ridiculous and overly clinical. I almost downgraded the hotel for her performance. Someone grab her up and teach her service please.

I did downgrade the service to four stars, only because of her.

Room Tip: It feels a little roadside and hidden, but worth it. Keeps the rooms quiet. You can walk to Starbu...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Augusta in order to attend a family function. The hotel was modern and very clean. The staff was friendly,happy and seemed very well trained. Food quality for both dinner and the following day lunch was good. The lobby was very comfortable and inviting for friends and family to visit..overall, a well managed hotel.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 February 2014

I stayed here on Super Bowl night, travelling alone I heading downstairs to the bar to watch the game, there were not many people there but the barmaid called Rebekah kept chatting to me, food was excellent and compny was great. Room was very good- modern and spacious. Parking righ outside the front door.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business