“Room was great, high non-recommend for the club & restaurant.” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Sheraton Augusta Hotel

Sheraton Augusta Hotel
Ranked #18 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
apari002
“Room was great, high non-recommend for the club & restaurant.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

Faults-
-One very slow-working elevator for the whole hotel (staff and guests).
-Club level is not worth paying money for. The evening “hors d’oeuvres” consisted of a tray of block cheese and crackers, a hotplate of frozen eggrolls, and a platter of some sort of deli pinwheels. The three choices were laid on the counter, with zero signage explaining the mystery concoction of their makeup. No attendant was ever in the area to ask questions about it either.
-Bar service/Restaurant area- How can this hotel call the handful of casual chairs and tables surrounding the bar a steakhouse??? Although the appetizer had at the bar was definitely good, I could completely understand feeling ripped off for being charged steakhouse prices in a motel-breakfast nook atmosphere.
This brings me to my biggest problem with this establishment: the bartender was on point, but she was having to reign in her fellow servers (who were probably the “steakhouse” waitresses. The waitresses were unprofessional and without tact, gossiping about customers and staff issues in full earshot of the bar customers. If the bar customers were regulars and were familiar, I would have understood a bit better, but I could hear everything and I am definitely not a regular. At one point, I came to understand the (possibly alcoholism-related) plight of another customer all too familiarly because of the giggling and offensive gossip provided by one waitress to another. Wondered what they said about me as I walked away… Staff definitely needs better training on basic customer service and basic adult tact.
Positives –
-SPG level appropriately recognized by front desk attendant
-Good stock of sodas and water in the club
-Room was very comfortable, clean, and well stocked

Overall, I would definitely recommend staying here if you’re looking for Augusta lodging, but do stay far away from the restaurant and bar.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank apari002

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Fayetteville, North Carolina
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

I brought along the grandkids. They went swimming in the pool while I did some business. The kids loved the pool. I liked the cleanliness and the friendliness of the staff. The only complaint I have, and it is not really a complaint, is the cost of breakfast. It was really high. A 4 oz. glass of orange juice cost $4. However, the waitress was willing to give me multiple refills when I complained about the price. We went to breakfast relatively late, and she said that if she didn't give us the remaining contents in the pitcher, she would just dump it out anyway. She was very pleasant and offered suggestions for tourist sites that children might like. I would come here again, but I wouldn't eat breakfast here. There are lots of places where you can get breakfast a lot cheaper and they are only minutes away by car.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Robert M
Jamie W, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We pride ourselves on providing a warm community when our guests stay with us and it is fantastic to hear that it is being conveyed. We look forward to greeting you again the next time your travels bring you to Augusta.

Canonsburg, Pennsylvania, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We had a dilemma. In driving from Pittsburgh, PA to Thomasville, GA for a permanent move, we had to figure out how to stay overnight with our 1-year yellow lab Summer. Then my wife discovered she was welcome at the Augusta Sheraton. Really? A Sheraton?

We arrived at 11:30pm to find a wonderful property. Beautiful building, clean rooms, nice bed and bathrooms. The hotel was quite active at 11:30 at night with people coming and going and a full lobby. It wasn't, however, the least bit loud in our room. We loved our stay and our dog was happy and well-behaved.

Thank you Sheraton Augusta for a great stay.

Stayed July 2014
Jamie W, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this review, 28 July 2014
Thank you Scott for taking the time to write a review. I am ecstatic to hear that we could make your travels easier during a difficult move. We take pride in providing a clean and friendly property, and I am glad to hear we are continuing to provide that. We look forward to greeting your family, as well as Summer next time your travels bring you this way.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

Clean Room. Really nice "updated" Bathroom. Everyone seems very nice. Work-out Room & Pool is pretty nice. Lots of parking. My only complaint would be they had no laundry for customers to use. Had to go find a Laundry Mat out in the city, which turned out to be kind of creepy. Also booked for a long business stay, but went home over a holiday weekend. Normally, that's not a problem. But I was standing by an elevator just before leaving and over heard a staff member telling another staff member that someone (?) was gone for the upcoming holiday, had left their luggage in the room, and she was going to remove it and rent the room out. Granted, I didn't know the whole situation - but, I ended up worrying about my room & my luggage all weekend.

Stayed July 2014
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 June 2014

It's a nice hotel with a great location and adequate parking. It could have been better if there were better lighting in the room and if the bathroom was cleaner. I could tell that the bathroom floor had not been mopped in a while. Also the bed wasn't that comfortable either; I noticed that when I got in or out of the bed; it made this loud popping sound.
We'll definitely try someone else next time when in Augusta.

Room Tip: Not sure how to choose a good room because the rooms are usually selected for you.
Green Features: Not Environment friendly....this hotel is dog-friendly.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Jamie W, Guest Relations Manager at Sheraton Augusta Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. I would like to apologize for the issues that you had while staying with us. Cleanliness is one of our highest priorities and it is a disappointment to hear that we were sub-par. I hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again when your travels bring you to Augusta and offer you a better guest experience.

Jamie Williams
Phoenix, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2014

We stayed at this property in early May during our daughter's college graduation. Overall, the stay was fine and the lobby was impressive. It was the little things that made it an average stay instead of a very good stay. Something management needs to shore up on. We were invited to use the club level during our stay via a letter and desert delivered to our room. Pretty classy. Then the next morning I went to the lobby to get key access to the room, the clerk said, oh know, that letter was just telling you about our club level. I showed her the letter that plainly said that we were invited to use the club level during our stay. Then she gave it to us. Great invitation, poor communication with the staff about the invitation. That day we were gone all day. We came back to a room that only had one towel and all the crumbs that were on the table from the desert were still on the table. Also the bed had not been straightened up, just the comforter pulled up. Again, training to do the job you were taught to do. We called the front desk and they made sure we had towels. We cleaned the mess up as it was no big deal, but that shouldn't happen at this type of hotel. Last but not least when we left and I dropped off the keys at the club member desk, the gal never asked how our stay was. Since we don't stay at the Sheraton a lot, it makes it very easy for us to try other hotels rather than staying at their properties the next time we are on the road. For those looking for positive comments, the room was clean upon arrival, they are a bit small and it was very quiet. We appreciated that.

Room Tip: We stayed on the east end away from the elevators on the 3rd floor. Nice and quiet.
Green Features: They seemed to have practices in place if you wanted to participate.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Todd B
Golden
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

I have been going to Augusta every month for work for the last year and a half. A good hotel there is hard to find, I sometimes stay in Charlotte and drive in for the day. Finally, I found this Sheraton. Excellent find - good location, clean and in great condition. I try to stay only at SPG properties, had forgotten Sheraton was part of that.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business