“First stay here”

Ranked #28 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
South
“First stay here”
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Stayed here one night for a cheer competition. Good location central to Augusta area. Staff and rooms were both good. Consistent with most other Fairfields. Nice breakfast spread in the mornings. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this review, 22 May 2014
Islandboy 1, Thank you for your pleasant response and ranking during your recent stay.

I appreciate the mentioning of our breakfast area. I certainly hope that you will consider us a

home away from home the next time you are in Augusta.

Take Care,

Mia Sellers

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at the hotel on 4/11/14 for the Masters in room 416 and woke up on the 12th with my legs arms and back covered in bites. Went to inform manager and she called exterminator who said there was no evidence of bed bugs and I said what about my legs and arms. Manager said I might have been allergic to the laundry detergent. Funny thing is I am in the hotel business with over 25 properties and know what bed bugs are. Stay out of 416.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Mike H
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Mr. Mike H.

Thank you for reviewing our property. We take great pride in ensuring our guest satisfaction. As someone in the hotel industry, you obviously know how online reviews can be used to produce a better product for future guests. We take all reviews very seriously. We also appreciate that you brought this issue to our attention while still on property so that we could address it immediately.

In response to your review- as you stated, "there was no evidence found of bed bugs by the exterminator in your room," we immediately had the room tested and I am confident based on the Certified Ecolab Inspection report that there were NO BED BUGS in that room. I apologize that this may not have been a satisfactory answer to you. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience. We would like to regain your trust and hope to serve you again in the future. If you should ever travel to Augusta again, I hope you consider staying with us.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I normally save 1's for dirty. this was clean.

However, didnt get much sleep. I was on the gordon hogway side ( not even the larger I-520). EVERY time a truck went up hill you heard it. I have stayed many times at hotels on highways, an didnt have this issue ( in fact I sleep better with radio or tv on). Many hotels on highways have two sets of sealed windows ( more than jsut double pane). As a lifetime Platinum, i obnoxiously expect the better rooms. I asked the mgr and she said the side away from the highway was (mostly?) occupied long term -- these people know which side is quiet.

SO in the mean time - try the holiday inn on the other side of the fairfield - its fully blocked from the highway by the fairfield. Marriot should do some noise enhancements or get rid of this hotel

other things: my room had been set at 60deg cooling before arrival (WHY?); I set the thermostat for 72 and waited - nothing happened-- apparently this thermostat did not control the heating unit -- that was on the window unit. So took 15 before i could take sweatshirt off

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear SidB;

I understand your noise frustration about your recent stay with us and wish that I could have fixed the traffice sound unfortunately I don't have control over that but will defintely look into the possibilty of the two sets of windows to see if that is a possiblity. Also I will continue to educate the desk staff on trying to give the prefered rooms to our Platinum guests whenever possible.

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Thank you for your feedback and I hope that we can in the future accomodate you with a satisfied stay.

Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

I'm a local but booked hotel due to ice storm. The power at my home went out at 7 am. I paid $180 for one king handicapped room & we still lost power around 11 pm. Looking at reviews...I'm sure I overpaid. I called hotel about possible concession due to power outage and was told by a young lady that there were not any. She was rude and short. I'm contacting corporate. The room was nice and clean though. For $180...it better be.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay while here at our hotel.

You indicated in your response that your stay with us was unsatisfactory. Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced. We take great pride in ensuring our guest’s satisfaction. Unfortunately, we did not meet your expectations. Our goal is to address your concerns so that we can ensure you have an exceptional experience on your next visit. Due to the unforeseen natural acts of God that happened to occur while you were staying with us we were unable to provide as our normal guest expectations are. Due to the unforeseen occurance and the power going out through out the city it was unfortunate and is not normal in this area and the hotel was operating as best as we could without any power.

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

My husband stayed here on business and I drove down to join him. Obviously checking in after work, the desk clerk was super nice and very accommodating- even gave an upgrade!! Wow! The appearance of the interior and exterior was nice and appears to have been recently updated. Our king size bed was super comfortable; the only change I suggest would be changing your inventory of linens to something softer - they were a percale, which is not soft at all! Breakfast was a nice array of the usual pastries, cereals, fruit, etc. with a waffle maker and scrambled eggs and sausage. The scrambled eggs and sausage were bland and tasteless; however, there were plenty of other foods from which to choose. The kitchen attendant was friendly and greeted us promptly. She kept the kitchen clean and well-stocked. The last thing I will add is that there are no vending machines on the property and the very limited selection of items to purchase (I.e., drinks) was limited to Pepsi ( which I prefer Coke products), Mountain Dew-which I do not drink at all, and water, and all very overpriced. I suggest at least a drink machine on the premises somewhere given that there isn't much in close proximity for these instances. Overall, a good stay and would stay again.

Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Mia S, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites by Marriott Augusta, responded to this review, 15 January 2014
Dear Christy,

Thanks for your positive review and rating here on TripAdvisor. I appreciate the response about how nice the staff and accomodations were. We work hard to present a clean and hospitable image. The no vending machines and Pepsi in the Marketplace is the Marriott standard products were are to carry here at the hotel and we arent supposed to have Coke (although I like Coke too!). But we will look into adding more variety of items in the Marketplace.

Again, thank you and we hope to see you staying with us again here at the Fairfield Inn & Suites in Augusta.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 12 December 2013

it's a fine property....clean, well located, etc. The incredible thing was the breakfast. I don't drink soy milk - but they had it (Silk brand)....you'd never see that at a motel...so that impressed me. Definitely a winner for Augusta....and well located off the 520 and easy access to South Carolina.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for a pleasant response and review on TripAdvisor about our hotel and your recent stay with us. I appreciate the mentioning of how nice our breakfast is here at the hotel.

I look forward to you coming back to stay with us again when you visit the Augusta area!

Take Care,

Fort Mill, South Carolina, United States
Reviewed 27 November 2013

My Husband and I stayed at the Fairfield Inn for five nights. We ask if it would be pobbile to grab coffee and a piece of fruit at 5:55am because my husband had to depart a little early. The front desk clerk stated that breakfast started at 6:00am and we would be able to get coffee and all others items as early as 5:30. Well everything was out but there was the nastiest lady that was policing the food. She was extremely rude to us every morning. What a way to start your day. The lady she was traing was VERY sweet. Hopefully that is her replacement.
There were also other problems. There was a pile of sand by the exit door that remained there for several days. Also there was a problem with water in the lobby from the pool. The trash can at the front door was over flowing with trash. We had a suite with two tvs but one of the tvs did not work. Should I say more????

Room Tip: Do not stay here