“Good and bad”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Ranked #29 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 22 May 2013

First the bad -- We went to our room, unpacked, and when we pulled back the bedspread, eww, there was a stain on the sheet.

Now the good -- A phone call quickly switched us to another room where the clerk insisted we pull back the spread and check the sheets. All the staff seemed genuinely interested in the problem and getting it corrected with moving us that night and the next day with the housekeeping staff.

I had made a mistake on our booking--No problem.

I asked for a quiet room, so facing the rear of the building--No problem, given rear of building and top floor. Door to stairway did tend to slam.

Everything else about the stay was fine. Comfortable bed. A/C worked. Shower fine. Breakfast OK waffles, yogurt, egg rounds and sausage, etc.

Room Tip: Back of hotel is quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
CISNORTH842, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Good Morning,

First off I would like to apologize for your sheets having a stain on them. I am happy to hear that our front desk clerk was so prompt and getting you into another room. We value all of our guests opinions and we hope that in the future you will still choose to stay at our hotel.

Comfort Inn and Suites Staff

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Excellent facilities, extremely clean bedroom and bathroom. The beds were so very comfortable and the Breakfast was rather sumptuous.

Very polite receptionists, both Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

Thank you, Comfort Inn - as before, you did NOT let us down! I would highly recommend a visit to this hotel by anyone looking for a comfortable and very clean place to stay in Grovetown/Augusta.

Room Tip: Our favorite room has always been # 209 (a suite) although it was booked up this time. All the same...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
CISNORTH842, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2013

Good Morning,

Thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel. We truely enjoy hearing back from our guest. Thank you for continueing to stay at our Comfort Inn and Suites. We are delighted to here that room 209 is your favorite. We apologize that this room was not available for this stay. We will try to have room 209 open for you on your next stay with us. Again thank you and we look forward to seeing you again.

Comfort Inn and Suites Staff

Reviewed 1 May 2013

I am enjoying my stay at Comfort Inn & Suites. This hotel is very clean, beautiful decor, nice sized rooms and a top notch staff. Not only is the inside great the outside was perfect, I travel with a dually pulling a 48ft trailer which is usually a hassle, but they have more than enough space on the newly purchased gravel lot next to the hotel. A huge plus for travelers with campers and or haulers/trailers. Did I neglect to mention to staff, I've had conversations with at least five people whom work here and they all have been very pleasant and helpful, thanks to Denise dinner should be awesome tonight! If I had to choose one word to describe this hotel it would have to be PERFECTION!!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank DPDTrucker
CISNORTH842, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Good Morning,

We are glad to hear that you are enjoying you stay here at the Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon. We greatly appreciate all of your wonderful comments. We are glad that we are able to accommodate your needs with the truck and trailer parking. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Comfort Inn & Suites Staff

Reviewed 24 April 2013

Wonderful place to stay! Very clean, very nice decor, and great staff. They were friendly and quick to act when problems arose (noise control with hyper teenage basketball players in town for AAU conference). The room was clean, quite spacious and had a refrigerator and mini microwave. Stayed in 2 different types of rooms during my stay and my favorite was the '1 King Bed, Efficiency' as it had a mini kitchen (frig/microwave and sink). Breakfast was okay, but preferred going to the Waffle House that was right next door. The location was excellent as it was right by I-20, about 10 minutes away from Augusta Mall and you could find a selection of places to eat that were within maybe 2 minutes. Will definitely stay there again!

Room Tip: Favorite room was '1 King Bed, Efficiency'.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kalasma
CISNORTH842, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2013

Thank you for your wonderful comments. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Comfort Inn and Suites

Reviewed 22 March 2013

My really enjoyed my stay at Comfort Inn and Suites. It's very nice and clean hotel. I have no complaints with this hotel at all. My check in was very easy and quick. I plan on staying here every week since i will be in Augusta every week for business. My room has a very reliable wifi connection. Breakfast is just what i need (Oranges, apples, bananas,etc) since i'm on this health kick. The young lady at the front desk (Breanna) was very helpful and knowledgeable about the area.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
CISNORTH842, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2013

Good Morning,

I wanted to thank you for your wonderful review on our hotel. We value all of our guests that stay with us. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit to our hotel.

Breanna Young
Comfort Inn and Suites Near Fort Gordon

Reviewed 24 February 2013

Friendly staff. Clean rooms. Clean hotel.. Very new. No indoor pool. One email I got said there was. It ended up being outdoor. No biggie. Breakfast was yummy. My children enjoyed their Bagels and cream cheese and waffles with OJ. Four stories and an elevator. We picked this hotel at last minute and I would choose it again. The bathtub was good sized too. Not small and dirty like some places. Convinet to exit. Various places to eat nearby. Fort gordon was about 2 miles Waffle house next door. Cracker barrel, steak and shake, DQ and multiple gas stations with in walking distance. Beds were comfy. Only thing we didn't like is that no matter what we set the thermostat on, the room didn't seem to warm up as much as we liked. We tried to put it up to warm up to 70 ( keep it on 68 at home and it's perfect) but we were still chilly.

Room Tip: If you get a view of parking lot, you will hear all the loud. Cars and trucks that pass by. 217 was...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Liltdanh
CISNORTH842, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 26 February 2013

Good Morning,

We at Comfort Inn and Suites near Fort Gordon wanted to thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to let us know how your stay was. We look forward to seeing you again.

Comfort Inn and Suites near Fort Gordon Staff

Reviewed 24 February 2013

My overall review of comfort inn and suites on jimmy dyes near fort gordan would be that i enjoyed my stay. Its a very nice hotel an everyone who works there is very plesant an concerned for all the guest needs. Its definetlly my choice of stay if im ever in the area. The rooms are very comfortable and clean

• Stayed: February 2013

Good Morning,

On behalf of Comfort Inn and Suites Near Fort Gordon, I wanted to thank you for you wonderful review on our hotel. We grealty appreciate your feedback. We look forward to seeing you again.

Comfort Inn and Suites Near Fort Gordon Staff