“Comfort on Jimmy Dyess Parkway sucks!”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Ranked #29 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to visit my son at Fort Gordon. Arrived late to find our room had been rented to someone with a similar name. Then the next day we find that not only did they give up our room but we paid for their room as well. Hotel desk staff is atrocious and inept. Management is nonexistent as we were there two nights with this issue and not once got to speak to a manager even after repeated requests to epeak to them or tor them to at least call us. I have over $500 worth of charges for what should have been $170 stay. TERRIBLE. Will never stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Jane G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

I apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay at Comfort Inn. Because I do not know the specifics of your stay I am limited on a response. I would like to explain that when any guest checks into a hotel using a debit card an authorization is automatically held on the funds. Because this authorization is computer generated the front desk staff has not control or the ability to stop this process.

As for management being available I am on property Monday thru Friday from 7 to 3, on weekends I stop by for a few hours both Saturday and Sunday and my staff has 24 hour access via phone. If I am needed my staff is instructed to contact me immediately. As I said without specifics I can not accurately respond to the issues you experienced but I will assure you that if my presence is necessary and I am available I will do as much as possible to assist a guest.

Again I do apologize for the situations.

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Where do I start? The beds..... As soon as I opened the door I wanted to climb straight in... Truly a great sleep at this Comfort Inn. Jessica (front desk) told me how comfy the beds were going to be when I checked in so I had high expectations.. Sure enough my expectations were met, not only with the rooms but the area. It was so close to Fort Gordon which happened to be perfect for me and my son who just left Fort Jackson and now stationed at Fort Gordon. Housekeeping was always smiling and cheerful when I saw them asking for extra towels :) Mrs. Jessica, CJ and Ashtan were all wonderful this past weekend, I wanted to thank y'all for such great service..... See y'all when I come back for his graduation!

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stopped here and are so glad we did. The room was excellent, we had a lot of space and were very comfortable. The staff was very courteous and heipful. Ylander Ross was just so attentive to our needs and made us feel instantely welcome. I would recommend this place to anyone travelling in the area.

Room Tip: If you get a chance to get a suite do it. It was only a few (6) dollars more and well worth it for a...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sweets991
CISNORTH842, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Good Morning,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We take pride in the comfort of our rooms. We are delighted that you had a great stay! I will share your kind words with our staff. We look forward to your return to the Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon and welcome your recommendations!

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Overall I thought it was good, my wife disagrees, she did not like it but I thought for the money it was real nice, updated and just fine, nice breakfast too, friendly staff, good experience except toilet clogged, we asked for a plunger and fixed it ourselves. I am okay with that.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Dale P

Good Morning,

Thank you for your review on our hotel! We apologize that your toliet clogged durning your stay, however we are very delighted that your overall experience was good. We take pride in the comfort of our rooms, and hope you return so that better please your next visit in the augusta/ Fort Gordon area!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

The young lady at check in about 3 PM was more interested in the news paper she was reading than in getting me checked in. After that everything was marvelous. The lady who works day shift is wonderful. She is very helpful and friendly.
The room was clean and comfortable. The housekeeping staff is excellent.
If I am back in Augusta I would not hesitate to stay here.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tom B
Reviewed 21 February 2014

We have used this hotel several times to host a small week-long meeting n their board room, and stay as overnight guests as well. Very good experience, friendly and helpful staff. Kaeo in particular managed the desk during the day and was very attentive to our needs. The morning breakfast area is very good. The rooms are comfortable and kept well.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bruce C
Reviewed 28 January 2014 via mobile

Decided to book my room with this hotel and I'm glad I did.Checked in and the front desk young lady name was kayo she was a pleasure to meet,Helped me with directions around Ft.Gordon to visit my son and also recommend a great mexican restaurant.Free wifi which made it easy for me for buisness.Breakfast was good.Comfortable beds and very nice and clean hotel.I would definitely stay again. Thank you Kayo for being very helpful bless your heart.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank rkkm2007
CISNORTH842, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Thank you for your recent review on our hotel! We are glad you were pleased with your stay here at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon. I will share your review with Kaeo and the remaining staff. We hope to see you soon in the future when returning to the Augusta / Fort Gordon Area.

Comfort Inn & Suites Staff