“Excellent Staff, great location”

Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Ranked #30 of 84 Hotels in Augusta
Sierra Vista, Arizona
“Excellent Staff, great location”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

I recently stayed in this hotel from 7/25-7/27. I didn't have a reservation when I came in, and the lady at the front desk had one room left, just for me! I can't remember her name, but she was amazing and her daughter is in the military. I did catch my housekeepers name, Jeanette. She was very helpful and attentive to my needs. If anyone is coming to Augusta, GA to stay near Fort Gordon, I definitely would tell them to stop here first. The room was very comfortable with a big king size bed that reminded me of home. The property is only about 4 years old, but it seemed newer than that. The outdoor pool was small but very refreshing. I will be a returning guest and have already made my reservation. This place was a sigh of relief compared to the experience I had in South Carolina at a different hotel.

Room Tip: Pick the top floor, it's the best =)
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amelia H

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
muzzle32
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

This is a solid hotel with clean rooms, comfortable beds, and ample parking. Staff were friendly too. There is easy access on and off the highway. The breakfast was basic but good - hot food was hot, cold food was cold. All in all, would definitely stay here if in Augusta again.

Stayed May 2014
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We stayed here for 3 days and I can tell you the service is fabulous! We did not have any issues and our room was great! The best thing is that is is close to Fort Gordon. We had no problem getting on post for PT in the mornings and back to change for work.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank BigWash
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here to visit my son at Fort Gordon. Arrived late to find our room had been rented to someone with a similar name. Then the next day we find that not only did they give up our room but we paid for their room as well. Hotel desk staff is atrocious and inept. Management is nonexistent as we were there two nights with this issue and not once got to speak to a manager even after repeated requests to epeak to them or tor them to at least call us. I have over $500 worth of charges for what should have been $170 stay. TERRIBLE. Will never stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jane G, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
I apologize for the issues you experienced during your recent stay at Comfort Inn. Because I do not know the specifics of your stay I am limited on a response. I would like to explain that when any guest checks into a hotel using a debit card an authorization is automatically held on the funds. Because this authorization is computer generated the front desk staff has not control or the ability to stop this process.

As for management being available I am on property Monday thru Friday from 7 to 3, on weekends I stop by for a few hours both Saturday and Sunday and my staff has 24 hour access via phone. If I am needed my staff is instructed to contact me immediately. As I said without specifics I can not accurately respond to the issues you experienced but I will assure you that if my presence is necessary and I am available I will do as much as possible to assist a guest.

Again I do apologize for the situations.
Fort Gordon, Georgia
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Where do I start? The beds..... As soon as I opened the door I wanted to climb straight in... Truly a great sleep at this Comfort Inn. Jessica (front desk) told me how comfy the beds were going to be when I checked in so I had high expectations.. Sure enough my expectations were met, not only with the rooms but the area. It was so close to Fort Gordon which happened to be perfect for me and my son who just left Fort Jackson and now stationed at Fort Gordon. Housekeeping was always smiling and cheerful when I saw them asking for extra towels :) Mrs. Jessica, CJ and Ashtan were all wonderful this past weekend, I wanted to thank y'all for such great service..... See y'all when I come back for his graduation!

• Stayed June 2014
Terryville, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 April 2014

We stopped here and are so glad we did. The room was excellent, we had a lot of space and were very comfortable. The staff was very courteous and heipful. Ylander Ross was just so attentive to our needs and made us feel instantely welcome. I would recommend this place to anyone travelling in the area.

Room Tip: If you get a chance to get a suite do it. It was only a few (6) dollars more and well worth it for a...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sweets991
CISNORTH842, Front Office Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Good Morning,

Thank you for reviewing our hotel! We take pride in the comfort of our rooms. We are delighted that you had a great stay! I will share your kind words with our staff. We look forward to your return to the Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon and welcome your recommendations!

Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 April 2014

Overall I thought it was good, my wife disagrees, she did not like it but I thought for the money it was real nice, updated and just fine, nice breakfast too, friendly staff, good experience except toilet clogged, we asked for a plunger and fixed it ourselves. I am okay with that.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dale P
Good Morning,

Thank you for your review on our hotel! We apologize that your toliet clogged durning your stay, however we are very delighted that your overall experience was good. We take pride in the comfort of our rooms, and hope you return so that better please your next visit in the augusta/ Fort Gordon area!