“Brand new hotel”

Ranked #19 of 83 Hotels in Augusta
Alexandria, Virginia
“Brand new hotel”
Reviewed 21 January 2011

I stayed here Jan. 4-6, 2011. The front desk staff said the hotel had It opened in Oct. 2010, and indeed everything is new and spiffy. The rooms are fastidiously clean, generous in size and well furnished with flat screen TV and comfy pillow-top bed, with both soft and firm pillows supplied. The free breakfast was great, and during my stay it included eggs & breakfast meats each day. Cost was about $89, a little over $100 with taxes. It's located in an area near many restaurants and shops. I will definitely stay here again on my next trip to the area.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Korean first
Chaska, Minnesota
Reviewed 7 January 2011

I have stayed in too many hotels to mention. When I first walked in i was welcomed with a smile. My room was extremely clean, comfortable and, well, just felt like home. If you EVER have the opportunity to stay here...dont look anywhere else. You will not be disappointed. This is by far the best experience i have had in my travels. Great staff, great accommodations...period. I hope that there is a hotel just like this one wherever I travel. A+++

Thanks for a great stay!
Scott Odle

• Stayed January 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 November 2010

Hello all,
This hotel appears to be running on a very tight budget. There are no frig/microwaves in the rooms. There is no coffee available after breakfast. There is an indoor pool that is nice. The fitness room is OK , but the elliptical rocks, not sure the fix. I paid $107 AARP rate. I would only stay there as a last resort. Better values in Augusta are, Hampton Inn, Washington road, Comfort Suites, exit 200, Fairfield , Gordon Highway. The hotel is OK, but not a good value.

Take care,

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
HIExpressAugusta, Front Office Manager at Holiday Inn Express Augusta North, responded to this review, 15 December 2010
As Augusta's newest hotel, we welcome all suggestions and take every comment into consideration for measures of improvement. However, we might politely disagree with some of the former review's comments. We feel our accomodations provide both the business and leisure traveler a great hotel with great value through our free, hot breakfast for all guests, free wireless internet, 24 hour business center, flat screen televisions in all our rooms, and perhaps most of all through our exceptional guest service. In comparison to many other hotels off washington road that charge upwards of $129/night, our brand new hotel offered this guest first rate, quality accomodations at the discounted AARP rate, which we are always happy to honor. Lastly, we do apologize about the coffee after breakfast. Next time, please ask our front desk staff; we're always happy to brew a fresh pot.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 October 2010

Arrived in town as part of my change of station to Ft Gordon. Billeting was full so they gave me a list of hotels. I'm a Priority Club member so I was keying in on Candlewood/Holiday Inns. Candlewood was booked but on the way there I saw a Holiday Inn Express that wasnt on the list. Turns out it is brand new (3 weeks old).

Overall, the hotel is very nice. Brand new everything as you could imagine. Has a common area with TVs, indoor pool, workout room and mini office area. Its in a nice location as it's right off of Washington which has just about every restaurant you need (including the HOOTERS!) There are washers and dryers but they are coin operated, $1.25 per load. There are no detergent vending machines on site, so you have to get your own.

The rooms themselves are nice, though a little cramped. The closet is barely a closet, more of a nook that a suitcase can barely fit in on its edge. The "desk" is really just a table with the mini coffee maker and room for your laptop. There isnt much room between that table and the bed so be careful sliding your chair back. There is no DVD player so you cant watch movies unless you have other means. Also, there is no mini fridge nor a microwave. I'll be here for 10 days so that hinders eating leftovers or keeping any drinks cold, save for the ice bucket.

That aside, everything else is great. The beds are comfortable and cozy, the bathroom is very nice and the showers are great (nice shower heads for a REAL showering experience, bowed out "ringless" shower curtain, plenty of room for your shower stuff). They have full extended cable and the HBO channels. The TV is about a 32 inch LCD with connection for whatever electronics you want to hook up. There is free high speed internet, both wireless and wired (plug is at the table/desk). The temperature is controlled via digital thermostats on the wall. I like that much better than the classic "turn the dial on the unit and pray".

The staff was very nice and very helpful. The girl at the desk was helping me find areas to look for apartments and recommended places to eat. The manager has asked me on three different occasions if I need anything, and once he even took my garbage out that I was carrying downstairs.

Overall, this is a very nice hotel. Rooms are smallish and lack microwave/fridge, but everything else is great and I would definitely recommend this location.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank RayPeters
It's always rewarding to read responses from guests who were pleased with our hotel. But regardless of reviews being positive or negative, our staff at the brand new Holiday Inn Express Augusta North will continue to strive to exceed all your expectations.