“Went for lunch, YUK!”

Sweet Lou's Crab Shack
Ranked #353 of 495 Restaurants in Augusta
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 20 August 2011

My friend invited me for lunch, she'd purchased a half coupon, so we tried "Sweet Lou's."
Unreal. Shack like decor. We ordered grilled shrimp. We each got 8 shrimp, but they were seriously small. All eight would have fit in a tablespoon. Our Cole slaw came in a plastic cup and held about a quarter cup. Our salad was a few leaves of iceberg lettuce and some carrot shreds covered with shredded cheese. We drank water. Our bill was 24.99. That was HALF PRICE.
Oh, and the plates were paper. You order at a counter. We were two of three customers total and our tiny lunches took 25 minutes to come out.
I don't know how this fella will stay in business.

2  Thank augustamom

Reviewed 1 August 2011

Let's make this short and sweet. I don't want to waste too much of my life on this review.
Atmosphere - Cheap! Cheap tables, cheap decorations, cheap plates, cheap utensils. Expensive Food.
Food - The food was not restaurant-quality. It looked like it was bought at the grocery-store. Small steak, thin crab legs......The tea was good though.
Price - Way too expensive for what you get.
Service - I believe my server's name was Chris. If that's his name, I'll have to say he is the only thing Sweet Lou has going for the place. My server was so good that he has become my new standard for what any waiter should be. He was quick to attend to us, he kept our drinks refilled, was very friendly, but above all else, he knew what a waiter was supposed to be. He quietly waited on us, and did not continuously interrupt our conversation or meal with questions. When my tea was half empty, he did not ask me if I wanted it refilled, he just refilled it. He silently slipped to and from our table like an elite ninja, and only spoke to us during our meal when it was necessary. At times, I even forgot that we had a waiter. I mean this in a good way. He did not let us want for anything and we never had to look around for him. Kudos Partner, you are the best waiter I have had in over 10 years.

2  Thank JustMe4991
Reviewed 1 August 2011

My husband and I went to this place because I had a bought a coupon on-line. When we walked in, on a Friday night, there was only one of table eating. It seemed really weird that nobody was in there. We got our menu's and laughed because with the way this place looks on the inside and out we were nervous that we were going to get food poisoning. We ordered steak and crab leg platter and when it came out it looked like something you would by at IGA. The steak was 1/2 inch thick and had alot of fat and salt on it. My husband dosen't mind salt as much as I do and even he said it was way to salty. The crab legs had a marker number on them like someone was marking them down for quick sale. We only had 4 small crab legs with no meat and just shell. The plates are from dollar general and the bill was $80 bucks and we didn't even buy any alcohol with our meal. Stay away, save your money, and save yourself the embarrassment of taking anyone here.

2  Thank MariaD243
Reviewed 29 June 2011

Service is good but the crab cakes I ordered were horrible. More bread than crab meat. More crab meat please. The area restaurant charge the same price for crab cakes but they actually use crab meat. I expected a better quality since crab cakes are so easy to make.

2  Thank LadyEsme
Reviewed 29 June 2011

The shrimp was the small frozen ones and all of the portions were very small. The prices seemed fair on the menu until the food was served and we saw the portions and realized that it was definately not as described. The grilled shrimp appeared to be boiled or microwaved and sprinkled with a lot of seasonings. It did make for a good laugh for my daughter and I. We left in good spirits talking about how hungry we still were. Thank goodness I had a coupon so I was only out ten bucks.