“Unless you're a smoker find somewhere else”

Quality Inn Fort Gordon
Ranked #39 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 4 October 2013

Nothing worse then getting to your room with your family and walking into a stale warm smokers room, after I specifically requested non smoking, Of course they were full and were quick to blame Orbitz for not sending the proper information so we had to stay in it, A/C on full blast all night to keep fresh air coming in so we froze. With the thin walls and floors we didn't sleep much anyway. Many hotels have done away with smoking, its a huge liability to the hotel and guests not to mention just plain disgusting to have to sleep in. Even all of our clothes had to be rewashed after we got home do to smoke. Comfort Inn, I know you're in the Georgia backwoods but wake up and smell what your dishing out.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Jane G, General Manager at Quality Inn Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2013

I want to apologize that you were assigned a smoking room on your recent visit. Unfortunately your reservation was booked by a third party and we do not have the ability to know in advance if the reservation is correct until the guest arrives. Again I do apologize on behalf of our staff.

We offer a few select smoking rooms to our guests who smoke as well as a majority of non smoking rooms. As we were sold out the weekend of your visit we believe that by offering a combination of smoking and non smoking rooms that we are able to serve a larger portion of guest.

Thank you for taking the time to comment as we do take every response into consideration

Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed here the night before the big Augusta triathlon. It was only me and I was only there for about 10 hours so it was fine for what I needed, but certainly not perfect. The staff was friendly. The room was pretty clean, aside from a stain on the bedspread. The sink did leak but it wasn't a problem. And the fridge was a little rusty. The rooms face outside, not inside in a hallway.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Jane G, General Manager at Quality Inn Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. Input from our guest is alway welcome and assist us in correcting any problems we might have. I will speak to the housekeeping and maintenance staff concerning the issues you mentioned and see that they are corrected immediately.

Although our rooms exit to the out doors we pride ourselves in offering our guest an enjoyable stay and clean room. Unfortunately there are times that the small details are overlooked and we are working on making sure that this does not happen again.

I hope you will consider staying with us again so that we may show you our effort to offer a clean comfortable room at a reasonable rate.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

After seeing the reviews on here I decided I would stay here. Big disappointment. Cigarette burns on the comforter and chairs. A pube on the sink. Stains on the chairs, mystery stain on the TV. BTW this is a non smoking room. Live and learn...

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo

I would like to apologize for the condition you found your room. We do not tolerate such conditions and I have directed your complaints to our housekeeping staff. The issues you mentioned will be corrected immediately,

If given the oppertunity to correct the issues at the time of your stay I believe that you would have seen that your room was the exception and not the rule. I am deeply concerned that the room condition you described existed and be assured it is being addressed.

If you would like to contact me directly I will welcome your input.

Reviewed 6 August 2013

Love the staff and it was very clean food was excellent beds are comfortable pool was relaxing enjoyed my stay will reccomend to everyone and it was quiet Waffle House was close by and convienient to restarants

• Stayed: July 2013
Jane G, General Manager at Quality Inn Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2013

Becky:

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your recent stay. We at Quality Inn and Suites @ Fort Gordon appreciate each review and use our reviews as a means to improve the quality of our service.

I will share you review with the staff they will appreciate knowing that their efforts do not go unrecognized.

Reviewed 4 August 2013

To start off the lady in the front was extremely nice. I believe her name was Jane. Checking in was easy and quick. When I got into the room it was extremely clean smelt fresh and it was also cool. And that was very important to me because I do not like going to your hotel room and it being hot. They were able to call me and make sure I was awake the next morning. When I came down for breakfast the food was very good and fresh bananas Were just the way I like them. I was able to get a late checkout. And she was extremely nice when I asked for it. She was like no problem. To rounded up I would recommend this hotel to anyone that would love a very great stay.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amanda T
Ken S, General Manager at Quality Inn Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2013

Amanda:

Thank you for your kind words. I will be pleased to share them with my staff.

We at Quality Inn and Suites at Fort Gordon strive to make each of our guest feel at home and enjoy their stay. Our large rooms, salt water pool and fitness center are a welcome relief for travelers.

I look forward to your next stay with us at the Quality Inn at Fort Gordon.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

This is our second stay at Quality Inn and we are never disappointed!! The kitchenetts are great especially with our kids along and they have just installed new carpet. Its always quiet and the front desk staff in the morning is great. Charles and Jane are always very friendly and make us feel like family. I would suggest this hotel to anyone. Love it.

Room Tip: The second floor is quiter try to avoid the breeze way.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Ken S, General Manager at Quality Inn Fort Gordon, responded to this reviewResponded 29 July 2013

Jane

Thank you for your kind words. I will share your review with our staff they will be happy to know that their hard work is appreciated.

We at Quality Inn and Suites @ Fort Gordon look forward to assisting you again in the future and welcome any additional comments or suggestions you may have.

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We were on our way from Myrtle Beach to Atlanta and stayed at this hotel. It is behind the Comfort Inn which we stopped at first. It was a nice motel with exterior rooms. I needed to print out our tickets to the braves game and so I went to the Lobby where the lady was very nice. The printer was jammed and with her help we got them printed. We went back to our room and the air conditioner cut off. I called her and she immediately was willing to give us another room and let us leave our things in that one if we wanted. We did end up sleeping in another room and leaving our luggage in the other. While this was inconvenient they made up for it with their southern hospitality.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple