“What a gem!”

Country Hearth Inn Augusta
Ranked #56 of 85 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 12 July 2011

It's not the Ritz, but I stayed at a few hotels in Augusta, all around this one's $55 price, and this one smelled clean, looked clean, had a very nice kitchen and full size fridge, and was comfortable. The pool had bugs and leaves gathering but wasn't gross. I would usually think this hotel to be average for this price point but after comparing it to others in the area, I think it far exceeds them.

• Stayed: July 2011
4  Thank xaurelie

Reviewed 15 July 2009

I read some of the reviews on here and called to see if things have been handeled. I had been assured that people were just upset about it being Master's Week and the prices being higher. It wasn't Master's Week and we weren't gouged. This Motel is close to Ft. Gordon.
The neighborhood isn't that bad (I'm from Detroit, I know bad).
The staff is friendly.
The Lobby is clean and the breakfast was ok.

I did ask to see the room, but did not go over things like my Mom would have. I should have. The bathroom was reasonably clean. There were only 2 towels for 6 of us. When I turned down the bed there was a big crusty stain on our blanket. Can we say eewww? I called for a fresh blanket and got a smokey, smelly one out of the dirty. I was too tired to argue. They must have been afraid that we would steal toilet tissue so they did not leave us any. There were 6 of us and one toilet training; we did need the tissue.

The other guests were not what I was used to. They were partying in the room next to us. Granted on nasty glare from the mom of 4 (that's me) and they got quieter.

The computer was occupied by the managers wife or young son (not very professional).

This place is very inexpensive and close to Ft. Gordon. If you are here w/o family for training; go for it. It isn't that bad. If you are here visiting your Soldier keep looking. I was too Happy to have the time with my Soldier to care about anything else. Even he didn't care for the room and he is NOT a picky person. He had just gotten out of the barracks with 60 other men and he was uncomfortable. That should say it all.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 April 2009

I usually stay at another hotel when visiting Augusta; unfortunately they were booked so I stayed here. When I arrived the desk clerk was very respectful, not to mention helpful. There was even a man outside painting the buliding,so I knew that the hotel was being well kept up on. The room I was in had plenty of space and was throughly clean. I see myself staying at this hotel again.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2009

I recently had to attend some ancillary training at Fort Gordon, and it's often very hard to book anything near the base. I was not only able to book a room for the duration of my training, but the staff here went above and beyond what I consider good customer services. They provided me with directions to places I needed to go, and a clean room every day of my stay. When I called about a light bulb that didn't work, they replaced it within 15 minutes.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 April 2009

We were in Augusta, Ga. for the Masters. We booked this motel with the owner's wife and spoke to the owner when booking with questions about the property. We were told that it was very nice, and rooms were in excellent condition. This couldn't be farther from the truth. Upon entering room, there was popcorn on the dirty carpet, holes in wallpapered walls, with plaster patch on them, it was a non-smoking room, with cigarette burns on several surfaces, a nasty stain was on the comforter, and an exposed box spring was covered with dust and yes ugh hair! We were told there was a full size refrigerator, it was a very small apt. size one. They advertised free long distance, and the girl at the desk would not honor it until I took a copy of ad (which was from a booklet in their lobby) to her, and she made a copy of it to show owner. We were on the bottom floor next to stairs to upper level, and there was an exhaust fan or something that made a loud noise all night long. When booking this room, we asked about breakfast, and the owner told us they would be serving a special hot breakfast for the Masters, it was a sausage patty, hard fried egg and biscuit. Also, they told us there was a pool, but a sign hanging in the lobby said pool was closed. Soon as we entered and saw the room we told the employee we wanted to leave and get a refund. She said she couldn't do that. We had to pay in full over a month before our stay, and it cost $306.00!!!!!!! per night as they were gouging because of the Masters. There normal rate is $50.00 per night. We have pictures to document all, and did speak to the owner while there and he would not refund our money. We checked the Microtel motel next and they charged $150.00 to $200.00 per night during Masters week and it was ten times as nice. Unfortunately, they were booked, but we took pictures of one of their rooms to compare the difference. We repeatedly expressed our displeasure, but the owner said we were looking for a very nice hotel on a budget price. We told him $306.00 a night is not a budget price, but really, we were just looking for clean. We have contacted America's Best Franchising, the franchisor, and they contacted the owner of the Country Hearth, but he refuses to refund any portion of our bill. They claim they can not make him refund any money, but she asked us to send our pictures to her, and they will see where they can take it from there. By the way, we flew out of Atlanta the next day, and stayed at their airport Marriott for $119.00 per night. It was fabulous! We would stay at a Motel 6 before we would stay at this motel. We don't have one nice thing to say about it.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 April 2009

This place was terrible. The room was filthy. There was no hot water the whole week that I stayed there. I complained several times but it was never fixed. This would not be a good place for children to stay either. There was a huge chunk of carpet missing in the middle of the floor in my room....kinda made me wonder what happened in that room???? Also, there was blood on the blanket on the bed. I called the front desk and told them and was told that there was nothing they could do about it. When I went down to the lobby to discuss this with them, the desk clerk was making out with her boyfriend, so then I understood why she couldn't come remove the bloody blanket from the bed. There were also cigarette holes burned in the sheets and comforter. The hotel was pretty much full with construction workers and there was no parking due to their equipment taking up all the avaliable parking spaces. I had to park on the opposite side of the hotel from my room, which was not very safe. The location was terrible..pretty much in the bad part of town...no restaurants or anything close by. The hotel provided a computer with internet to guests, but every time I tried to use this computer for business purposes, the desk clerk's boyfriend was on it for hours on end. The refrigerator had left over food in it from the previous guests. The tile in the kitchen area was so sticky that my shoes stuck to it...same thing in the bathroom. I felt very unsafe the whole time I stayed there. I definitely would not stay at this place again.

• Stayed: January 2008, travelled on business
Reviewed 6 August 2006

I was looking for a hotel to stay after a terrible experience at the Comfort Inn. I did not stay at the Country Hearth Inn, but did check it out and see a room. The lobby smelled funny. The rooms all have exterior entry (a security downfall). I asked to see a non-smoking room, and the hotel manager showed me a room labeled non-smoking that reeked of cigarette smoke! There was even an ash tray in the room! We didn't even consider it further. Overall, kind of dirty looking.

• Stayed: July 2006