“Safe, Secure, Home away from home” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Affordable Suites of America Augusta

Affordable Suites of America Augusta
Ranked #19 of 82 Hotels in Augusta
Mobile, Alabama
“Safe, Secure, Home away from home”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

My work took me to Augusta, GA from November '13 to March '14. My wife travels with me so I looked for something we could both be comfortable in. For the first few weeks we stayed at an extended stay hotel that was linked to a chain that we have a points plan with thinking we could rack up the points. That would have been true but within the first two weeks I knew we couldn't stay there. We took a weekend and looked around town at several sites after doing some internet searching. The last place we went to was Affordable Suites. From the moment we pulled in my wife and I liked it. The grounds are set up nicely, it's well lit, and to gain access to anything at all you need a key card. It was late when we got there so we weren't able to see the inside so we came back the next day and met Ms. Debbie. A Very nice lady that listened to our needs and concerns and was able to meet and exceed our expectations in every case. We moved in the following weekend. For the four months we stayed there, my wife felt safe and secure (which is a major plus for me as I worked a lot of hours/days while there). The gas grills came in handy, the laundry room was more than adequate, clean, well lit and convenient. The other people staying there, for the most part, were considerate and pleasant. Ms. Debbie was available whenever we needed her (which was not often as she has things running quite smoothly there) and was always pleasant. There was plenty of room in our unit to accommodate my wife's "work at home" business and still be comfortable.
Overall I would definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in the area. If work brings me back to Augusta, there is no question as to where I will stay.
Thank you Ms. Debbie, for making our stay as comfortable as it could be and all you did for my wife and me.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Bil C
Debbie R, General Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Bill & Tammy,
Thank you so much for your wonderful review on our property. We try hard to make people feel comfortable and safe and most importantly, like family. I was such a pleasure to have you stay with us and I hope that you will visit us again in the near future. Kelsey still misses her daily mail runs to Miss Tammy:) Please keep in touch with us.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
MountainGrove
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2014

I had a better time in the military. I wish there was a way to post a video on these reviews. After 10 if two people wanted to set out side there room and have a drink or smoke or what ever and being quiet the drill Sargent Debbie would come out and tell you that you need to be quiet. I sure hope my boss can find us another place to stay on our next turn around. Other than that the place is great. I will not recommend this to anyone!!!

• Stayed February 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank cooley1966
Debbie R, General Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this review, 15 March 2014
Mr. Cooley,
I apologize if were you feeling like you were in bootcamp, however on the night that I asked you to keep the noise down I had five calls from other guests on the property who were being disturbed by the noise coming from outside of your room. The last call that I received was at 10:45PM. When guests on the property call it is my job to make sure that the complaints are taken care of. Thank you for your comments.

D. Rowe
Resident Manager
SAINT PETERS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2013

Check in was quick. The manager at this motel is great!! Nice size rooms, very clean
with a full size refrig.
Love the outside bar-b-que area!!
I will definitely come back to this motel!!
Nice, quiet, clean motel!!!

Room Tip: Higher floors are a little quieter.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Groton, Connecticut, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

I stayed at the Augusta, GA location of Affordable Suites and had a very pleasant, welcoming stay. I was there over a month, and found the apartment (to call it a hotel room doesn't do it justice) to be comfortable, well appointed, and very centrally located. There's a YMCA within a five minute walk, as well as tons of shopping and different places to eat. The kitchen was just right. I was able to save a bunch of money and stock the cupboards, refrigerator and freeze with plenty of food to cook myself. The secure, reserved-for-residents courtyard has many lounge chairs and tables and grills that the residents can use when they want to cook out.) The bedroom is spacious and has a comfortable bed, and there are two large flat screen TV's which round out a well-laid out apartment with all the amenities you'd need. The manager is very nice, knowledgable and goes out of her way to make residents feel welcome and well provided for. I hate to leave!!! This has felt like home since I moved in!

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the stairway or upstairs (outside) lounge area. People like to congregate o...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Debbie R, General Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dave,
It has been such a pleasure to have you staying with us. My goal here is to make all of my guests feel at home and I am glad that you had that experience. I hope that you will come back to see us if you have the chance to visit Augusta in the future. Best of luck and we will miss you:)

Debbie & Staff
Johnson City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2013

Had a wonderful stay here 9/27-9/30/2013. My husband and I were in town for Ironman 70.3 and this was just the experience we needed to help settle my nerves!
Property was well maintained. Room was very clean and had all the amenities we needed. Bed was comfortable and room was spacious.
I would return to this hotel anytime I am in the Augusta area not only because of the great property, but also for the personal touch Debbie gives to each guest that checks in. She was so friendly and greeted us with our name and a smile every time we saw her. She is incredibly accommodating and friendly. This was definitely one of the best experiences I have ever had with management while checking in/out and staying at a hotel.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2013

I came for a visit back in June and got sick and ended in a hospital. My family stayed here and when I was released I stay here. I have went and looked at a few extended stay and I was just in awe when I saw this place! Great room, very clean, and Debbie does an awesome job to make sure we have what we need! I could go on and on about the nice things about these suites but bottom line is.. I will always use these suites when I come back to Augusta!!! Great job Affordable suites and thank you Debbie for your superb customer service!!

• Stayed September 2013
1 Thank debbiehks
Debbie R, General Manager at Affordable Suites of America Augusta, responded to this review, 4 October 2013
Thank you Debbie for your awesome comments. It has been such a pleasure to have you and Bob here and to see you getting better day after day is something to be thankful for. We want all of our guests to fell welcome, comfortable and safe. I hope that when you visit Augusta again that you will make Affordable Suites the place you stay. Thank you again:)

Debbie J. Rowe,
Resident Manager
Rapid City, South Dakota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

I have been to Augusta several times and stayed in numerous hotels, usually two weeks each stay. For the price, this is the best hotel/suite in Augusta, GA. It's convenient location makes access to the highway a breeze and is close to many quality restaurants and stores. The maids do a spectacular job, and the grounds are always kept clean and trimmed. The full size refrigerator and four burner stove/oven combination are a great amenity for those who want to cook meals. Plus, the courtyard has three gas grills. There is no pool or

Room Tip: I don't believe there is an elevator, so for those with needs a first floor room is necessary.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business