“On King's Way”

5 O'Clock Bistro
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 1 May 2014

This is a nice place in Augusta. We had a wonderful meal for supper and liked it so much we returned for brunch. The food was good as was the service. the only trick is to be on the right direction on King's Way.

There are newer reviews for 5 O'Clock Bistro

Reviewed 9 January 2014

The food is good but not awesome. I had a business lunch there on Wednesday and my guests had shrimp and grits.. They rated it excellent.. I had the burger and it was fair at best.. I've eaten there before and found the service to be good and the food good ...but not excellent..

1  Thank Tim F
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Four of us drove through the rain for 35 minutes for our first visit to this relatively new (4 yrs) bistro in a cutesy Augusta neighborhood. The food, drink, and wine menus topped up with chalkboard specials offered enough choices to satisfy all of us. Our server, Emily, was good at reading and anticipating the amount of attention we needed, including the pace of the order to delivery - just right! We all had the excellent cranberry salad to start. Our friends had the yummy tenderloin tip special, my wife had the surf and turf, and I tried the shellfish grits. The beef portions looked a little on the small size when served but the quality, taste, and portions were perfect. The shellfish grits were different (in a very good way) and the two kinds of sausage perfectly complemented the shrimp, scallops, mussels, and nicely spiced sauce. The owners, Barbara and David, we're welcoming and charming, making sure we felt welcome and that all was well. We skipped dessert and coffee as we were happily satisfied. Our only suggestion to Barbara was to turn up the heat a bit. We'll be back!

1  Thank Dave R
Reviewed 28 December 2013

We have dinner here at least twice a month, and we love it! The mama's martini and pimento cheese with crackers is enough for me to go there all the time....but add to that the chocolate trifle, and now its the best in town! The owners are really nice and there all the time. We love the atmosphere, my husband loves the wine selections, and me, I love the cocktails and food! Its really one of our favorite places, highly recommend!

1  Thank marlatravelsfar
Reviewed 13 December 2013 via mobile

We went here last night to try it out because we heard it was good. My recommendation is to stick with the fries and salad apps and save yourself the money on the "large plates". The food was really good but it was pretty expensive for what you get. However the truffle fries were awesome! They had really good seasoning and dipping sauces. Overall, good but expensive!

1  Thank Daniel W