“Good Stay”

Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West
Ranked #12 of 86 Hotels in Augusta
Reviewed 21 January 2008

Nothing bad at all with this hotel. It seemed to be a newer Hampton Inn. Breakfast was good and the service was excellent. Rooms were very clean. Would stay at again.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Reviewed 23 October 2007

I have very mixed feelings about this hotel. My main complaint is getting stuck with a smoking room when I requested a non-smoking room. Now I understand it is just a request for bed size, smoking, etc., but I was there for two weeks so it was extra annoying.

I have mixed feelings on the employees too. The first staff members I met were rude and unsympathetic, but was I stayed there longer I met other employees who went out of their way to make me comfortable.

Breakfast was great, typical for other Hampton Inns I've stayed at. The hotel also hosts a daily happy hour reception in the lobby on week days and offers a surprising amount of food and drinks. Again, this would have boosted my impression of the place, but no one at the desk informed me, I just happened upon it the last day.

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 2 August 2007

I'm a big fan of Hampton Inns of late. Have stayed in them with my family in Williamsburg, VA, Harrisburg PA, and Leesburg VA due to convenience and value, and have really been impressed by the quality. I was in Augusta on business, and I got booked at a Hampton Inn. This Hampton Inn didn't disappoint- phenomenal value. Rooms were comfortable and clean. Breakfast exceeded that expected of a free continental breakfast. I didn't have time to use the gym, but did stick my head in. Looked clean, but nothing but cardio.

• Stayed: July 2007
1  Thank amyanderic1
A TripAdvisor Member
Columbia, SC
Reviewed 22 November 2005

This was our third trip to Augusta and our third hotel. We have finally found one that not only met our needs but was worth the money. The king-suit was very spacious and the beds are so comfortable. The fitness center and pool we're well maintained. The internet was very easy to access. The location is close to dining, the mall, the movies, and the aquatic center.

• Stayed: November 2005
A TripAdvisor Member
North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2005

I have stayed in numerous hotels in Augusta for business over the last year and find the Hampton Inn and Suites to be one of the nicest. It's in a great location near I-20 and numerous restaurants are within 2-3 miles.

The hotel is very clean and nicely decorated. The complimentary breakfast is nice and plentiful although it doesn't change much. Most days it includes eggs & sausage. The indoor pool and exercise room are a plus. The front desk has always been pleasant and helpful.

The rooms seem a little small but the suites are perfect for extended stays. Parking can be an issue in the evenings but there are plenty of spaces available for use at the conference center behind the hotel.

Only 2 complaints: The bathrooms in the suites are a little dark and they need to hang a towel bar near the sink area.

• Stayed: May 2005, travelled on business
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 3 April 2005

Hotel is new, nicely decorated and clean. The location is fairly generic - off the highway near other hotels, a Cracker Barrel and other lower end chain eateries.

Hotel staff was fairly cranky and not too helpful. We booked our room with Hilton Honors points and tried to upgrade to a suite when we arrived. We immediately told them we would pay for the difference. After nearly 45 minutes of jerking us around - they had a suite, they didn't have a suite, they couldn't get the computer to upgrade us, the manager isn't here, I talked to the manager but he just left, blah, blah blah, we finally just gave up.

The breakfast was a generic Hampton Inn breakfast. The breakfast attendant was huffy and impatient. I heard her loudly sigh when a child left a corner of an oatmeal wrapper on the counter. We were standing around talking with other guests and she again sighed loudly because we didn't clear our table fast enough for her. There were no other breakfast guest waiting for tables.

I think if I went to Augusta again, I'd try another hotel.

• Stayed: February 2005